• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wanted Wiring scraps

pawpace

Country flag
I am trying to make some wiring repairs and I cannot find loose wiring for sale in the colors of my TR3B. The only thing I can find is complete harness. Does anyone have a source for loose wiring in the TR3B colors or have an old scrap harness for sale?

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I've bought bulk wire from Autosparks in the UK. They have all the colors with the tracer color. I think British wiring has them too. Probably less expensive on eBay and with free shipping. Pretty easy to source. I might be able to help if you only need a small amount for repairs.

Tom

OP
P

pawpace

Country flag
Hi Tom,

I am trying to repair some original frayed wiring from the headlight harness to the main harness located on drivers' side behind the horn. I want original wiring with correct colors so they can be easily matched if they become unplugged. To be safe, I will probably need at least 6 to 8 inches of each color. I didn't see any on Ebay when I checked but will check again to see if I missed it.

I really appreciate your reply and help with some of the vendor names. If you have some spare wires laying around, I will gladly pay you for the wires and postage.

Thanks again,

Mike
1962 TR3B

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
image.jpg
image.jpg
I have correct colours that I can supply if only small lengths.

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
PM either of us with the colors and lengths needed. I find that 16 ga. works in most cases but there are others. Here is one source not necessarily recommended, just an example: Striped primary wire
Tom

OP
P

pawpace

Country flag
View attachment 91794View attachment 91794I have correct colours that I can supply if only small lengths.
I need about 8 inches of each of the following: dark green/red, Green/white, brown, green, light green/red, red, blue/white. These need to match guage used in 1962 TR3B that come from the front, headlights, parking, turn signals. What would be the price with shipping to Overland Park, Ks. 66210? Thanks.

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
You can purchase primary colours at Napa. I have all, but the LT GRN/RED.
PM me your details and I will put in a jiffy pack.

Chipper

Freshman Member
Country flag
Pawpace/Tom
I have one or two wiring harness (original wire) from 58 tr3’s. You can have for the cost of shipping. I was just getting ready to send to the recycler.

I built my own wiring harness from scratch for my recently completed TR3 rehabilitation that met VTR modified standards. Upgraded all wire because if you do the load calculations the tr3 wiring harness was significantly deficient. Maybe that’s why things would often go dark back in the day?

send me a note and we can get it to you quickly

OP
P

pawpace

Country flag
Chippper,
Thanks so much for your reply it is really appreciated. I fixed the problem I had with a little wire, shrink wrap, and some harness tape. I wouldn't mind having one of the harness just in case I need to make some future repairs. If someone is in dire need of these, I would give them first choice.

If you would send me a private message, I will send you my address. Let me know what the cost of shipping will be.

Thanks again,

Mike

OP
P

pawpace

Country flag
Pawpace/Tom
I have one or two wiring harness (original wire) from 58 tr3’s. You can have for the cost of shipping. I was just getting ready to send to the recycler.

I built my own wiring harness from scratch for my recently completed TR3 rehabilitation that met VTR modified standards. Upgraded all wire because if you do the load calculations the tr3 wiring harness was significantly deficient. Maybe that’s why things would often go dark back in the day?

Pawpace/Tom

Pawpace/Tom

Did you get my response about the wiring? My email is pawpace2@hotmail.com

OP
P

pawpace

Country flag
Chippper,
Thanks so much for your reply it is really appreciated. I fixed the problem I had with a little wire, shrink wrap, and some harness tape. I wouldn't mind having one of the harness just in case I need to make some future repairs. If someone is in dire need of these, I would give them first choice.

If you would send me a private message, I will send you my address. Let me know what the cost of shipping will be.

Thanks again,

Mike
Chipper, did you get my message about the wiring?