• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

K&N RU-4410 on SU HS2's

David_Doan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I've seen pics of these air filters on HS2's but could not find anyone that sells the stub stacks to make it work. So, tonight after work I made my 1st prototypes out of 5/8" particle board. I don't have a 3.5" hole saw so I used a really cheap adjustable single blade hole saw. I cut both slightly too big, then mounted them in my redneck-lathe to clean them up and sand them smooth. Then I used a 1.25" hole saw to cut the center hole. I'm going to give them a few coats of sandable primer and paint them with engine paint to seal them up. They would probably perform slightly better with a radius on the center hole, but the breather hole is too close to do that with particle board. If these work well, I think I will eventually make them out of plastic. For now, it is a basically free way to get rid of the ugly stock air cleaners.

DSC_0170.jpg DSC_0166.JPG DSC_0165.jpg DSC_0169.jpg

Country flag
I'd be afraid that the vibration would cause the particle board to flake and get sucked into the engine. Maybe you should go ahead and make the plastic version.

Country flag
...or ask Gerard if he'd like to talk his machinist into doing a batch in aluminum for a reasonable fee.

OP
D

David_Doan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
This is something I've also been interested in. I'd also like to run the RU-4410 filters, but I also need those stacks to make it work. I plan on trying the K&N 56-9335 filter with my billet stub stacks from APT.
https://www.aptfast.com/showitem.aspx?id=101220&name=H2%2FHS2%20%281-1%2F4%22%29%20Billet%20Stub%20Stack&

The K&N 56-9335 should just bolt on to any HS2. I was going to get those but I really like the looks of the 4410's and they're only $27 on amazon. Also easy to make adjustments with the 4410's on.

OopsClunkThud

I've been working on a design to fit the H1 using the RC-4230 filter. I've used 3D printed nylon on the intakes of scooters and small motorcycles with good luck so figured the adaptors may made in the same way may work out. If nothing else it's a good way to check the fit. The RC-4230 is larger in diameter so it's shifted down for clearance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 20.21.08 .jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 20.21.08 .jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 75

AN5Sprite

Jedi Knight
Did you try Hap Waldrop? I think he's got what you're looking for and they ain't expensive.

OP
D

David_Doan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I've been working on a design to fit the H1 using the RC-4230 filter. I've used 3D printed nylon on the intakes of scooters and small motorcycles with good luck so figured the adaptors may made in the same way may work out. If nothing else it's a good way to check the fit. The RC-4230 is larger in diameter so it's shifted down for clearance.

That looks cool, you have a 3D printer?

AN5Sprite

Jedi Knight
Yep, I emailed him.... Never got a response. Found some old threads on mgexperience.net where it looked like he was selling them a few years ago. I guess he does not anymore.

Thats weird, it's not like him to not respond. Guarantee you it's not intentional. Try calling him, he's good fun to talk to.

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
Here is a closeup of the velocity stack. Maybe gives an idea as to the radius work.

Attachments

• stub stack HS2.jpg
    stub stack HS2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 78

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Hap was asking how much interest there was in these awhile back. I told him to put me down for a set as did a lot of folks. Great person to talk to and very responsive to emails. Knows his stuff!
Rut

Hey guys, I've just have too much going on to sink money into making these, you can get them from MED Engineering in the UK . David pictured stacks above , was my last set I had in stock. David , sorry for not returning your email/pm, sometimes I get covered up with emails/pms and might have missed your message.

Spridget64SC

Jedi Trainee
Got about 6 sets of the 5/16" front side mount inlets/velocity stacks on the shelf. Clear anodized aluminum, location specific (hole), with attachment allen socket screws. $85/set. OD accepts RU4410's or RU2990's or any 3.5" ID K&N that will fit the engine bay. Also have a couple sets of rear attachement versions. Use a 1/4" attachment from the backside. Same price. Looks very similar to the one pictured. Ships in a $6 nominal USPO video box. Less if close to SC. Call me if interested.

Mike Miller
Comptune
Eight-six-four-638-6316

nomad

Yoda

I've heard of this print design and manufacture, Patrick, looks trick but don't forget the vent holes. Keep us up to speed if you decide to do it.

Kurt.

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I got a pair from Hap a few years ago. Don't know if he still has some, as he only had a few sets made... I would be concerned about using anything flammable including plastic, but especially wood, and particle board even more. ..