• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

So you guys want pics huh?

UmmYeahOk

Jedi Warrior
ttiwwop.gif

Someone told me that you guys here LOVE pics. Well I've got your pics RIGHT HERE!

https://nikicooper.com/GT6

I finally got around to making a website for my car. This is where all my pics, and updates will be dumped. Also, in case you guys have been wondering. The car in my sig is what my car will someday look like, color and all... ...only slightly bigger.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
now THAT is one nice website. Congrats!

Watching your GT return to life will be *very* interesting.

Oh, and the pics are good too :jester:

Tom

V

vagt6

Excellent job on the website. Good documentation, too! :thumbsup:

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Very nice site, and great work on the car. You won't be able to claim that the car has never seen snow though.

dklawson

Yoda
Nice site. I look forward to seeing more posts as you continue your work on the car. When I found the picture showing the holes on the horizontal panel with the fresh air intake I remembered your earlier posts.

As you work through the car and have questions or need pictures of anything feel free to contact me. Our GT6 is also a '67 Mk1 and it is largely original apart from some areas that my father-in-law altered and I left as he left them.

poolboy

Yoda
Country flag
Refreshing to see someone of your generation who is not of the "I want it all and I want it now" mindset.

:smirk: Then I stand corrected..Oh well

OP
UmmYeahOk

UmmYeahOk

Jedi Warrior
tdskip said:
Very nice site, and the GT6 is really coming along.

P9210314.JPG

..."coming along" Thats a pic of the car during the early stages of "tear down." Its strange how we consider making the car look worse as "progress". That's actually why we try to keep the wheels on, as we go. Don't want the neighbors complaining. But doesnt seem too big of a problem. 4 households love the car.

mallard said:
Very nice site, and great work on the car. You won't be able to claim that the car has never seen snow though.

Thats ok. I plan on DRIVING this car. So while I'll be heart broken if it gets a rock chip or two, I'm not worried about resale value. Another thing is we dont salt our roads. We use dirt/sand. Also, as the pics show, this car wasnt driven in the actual storm. It merely sat in it. Plus, people are more concerned with what happens to a car after restoration. In other words, it doesnt matter how much rust it gets, so long as its been fixed.

Also in the pic you can see another hood in front of the car. This hood has rust holes, and coming from Denver, I know its seen snow.

My main worry is after restoration, it will still sleep outside. We have bad hail storms. But I guess it will be on collect car insurance. We typically only carry liability only, but since collector car insurance is a little more affordable, it may be worth it.

dklawson said:
As you work through the car and have questions or need pictures of anything feel free to contact me. Our GT6 is also a '67 Mk1 and it is largely original apart from some areas that my father-in-law altered and I left as he left them.

Actually, there is something I need. My dash panel (wood part) isnt original. Holes need to be drilled for switches and stuff. I was wondering if there were anyway possible that I could get you to scan me a lifesize template. I'm not asking for you to remove things of course, just if you could get me a rub on of it. Ya know, like children do with crayons? If you can, that would be great, and very much appreciated.

poolboy said:
Refreshing to see someone of your generation who is not of the "I want it all and I want it now" mindset.

Oh but I am. As the site said, when I decided I wanted one, I got one. Found it within hours, and called the guy the very next day, then picked up the day after that. Everyone here seems to wait for the "right one" or just give up waiting. I didnt even wait to sell my old car first before I got this one. And in this economy too. :smile:

If I had the money, I'd just buy that silver one on ebay that went for $16k. Sure, I wouldnt have to wait for it to be restored, because it already had been, but then I would have to wait months for such a car to even come onto the market. Same if it were just a drivable survivor. I'd have to wait.

Whats irritating is that I have to wait anyway for the restoration. 1) there is no such thing as "winter projects" in TX. You either work on your car because thats the only way you can get to work, or you just hibernate till the first 70 degree Janurary day. 2) My stupid mustang daily driver is being a spoiled brat. I've given it everything! All this month we've been tackling oil pressure issues. First theres no pressure, now theres too much. At least we got it to pass and registered. It seems that when I can work on the GT6, Im stuck working on my mustang.

dklawson

Yoda
I'll be happy to trace our wooden panels for you. However, I only have daylight here on the weekends as I am away at work while the sun is up. Anyway, as soon as I can I'll try and get you some accurate panel templates showing the position of the stock switches and gauges relative to the border surfaces I can trace.

OP
UmmYeahOk

UmmYeahOk

Jedi Warrior
dklawson said:
I'll be happy to trace our wooden panels for you. However, I only have daylight here on the weekends as I am away at work while the sun is up. Anyway, as soon as I can I'll try and get you some accurate panel templates showing the position of the stock switches and gauges relative to the border surfaces I can trace.

Thanks a bunch! No rush. As you can see, the dash doesnt need to be finished for quite a while. In fact, interior will probably be the VERY last thing that gets worked on.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Awesome. Here's hoping your project progresses faster than mine.
Note on collector car insurance. Most, if not all, collector car insurance companies require the car to be stored in a locked garage when not in use. You may be able to skirt that by proving you have a garage that it ~could~ be stored in, but that may not fly.
anyway, enjoy.

pjsmetana

Jedi Warrior
Cool site! Makes me want to throw up a few nice progression shots :smile:

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
Niki: I really enjoyed your web site. I had to laugh when I saw the boxes on your dining room table. I showed my wife (of 41 years) to prove that I was not the only one who does this. She was not amused! :nonod:

OP
UmmYeahOk

UmmYeahOk

Jedi Warrior
angelfj said:
Niki: I really enjoyed your web site. I had to laugh when I saw the boxes on your dining room table. I showed my wife (of 41 years) to prove that I was not the only one who does this. She was not amused! :nonod:

Yeah, I wondered about adding that one or not. I'm the wife in my house, so its ok. But I worry about what the people I have over think. I rarely have any company anyway, and its always a surprise when they do show up, so the house is never clean. I do more than my fair share, but someone seems to be a bit more messier. You should of seen the place before I got the boxes.

Some how car parts always end up over there. One time we had parts for a 1987 RX7 over there for YEARS!!! I got so fed up with it, I gathered them up and stashed them in one of our extra bedrooms. So the dining area does get clean every so often. That was partially my fault. My husband couldnt work on his RX7 because he was always working on my mustang. Eventually we sold it along with all the parts and things were good until he started taking apart his porsche (I made him sell the RX7 as agreement for me allowing him to get the porsche. Im so mean) But we still refer to that one room as "the RX7 room"

I need to dig up that one photo where I allowed my husband to rebuild his engine in the kitchen. Youre wife might appreciate that one. He had that sucker balancing on a broom handle over a sink. That broom never was the same again :frown: Then he had the craziest idea that he could steam clean the engine by putting the rotory aluminum housings in the dish washer. It worked, but the dish washer had a black coating on it, including the pull out shelves. Would of taken less time to clean the engine properly than to clean the washer.

OP
UmmYeahOk

UmmYeahOk

Jedi Warrior
You just gotta love eBay. This is what they told Verizon about my site:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]Based on our investigation, it appears that a Verizon user is sending unsolicited, commercial email ('spam') to eBay users and others. The messages (which misrepresent the sender as eBay) direct the recipient to a page hosted by you, where the user is asked to enter personal information. The purloined information is then sent to an email account.
 [/QUOTE]
We got a warning letter from Verizon, and that page was blocked. Not sure if anyone here even found the archived eBay auction or not as the link could only be found by fishing through my book of comments on the car

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Good progress log, hope to watch it going back together!

Here in th' hovel, the parts and boxes ~ARE~ the furniture... :thumbsup:

Couch has had a dual chrome exhaust under and a transmission beside it in past.

OP
UmmYeahOk

UmmYeahOk

Jedi Warrior
I didn't want to take pictures of the couch. You see not everything in the boxes are new. They get cleaned repaired painted and so on. What's on the couch is stuff I haven't gotten around to yet. Most is garbage which is why they're not with the other parts. They haven't been placed in the keep for originality box or trashed yet because I haven't decided if they need to be replaced repaired or needed for reference.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
One hint: KEEP all of it until the end... it'll ALWAYS be that bit you deem'd "useless" and tossed that you'll need for reference to fit some dozen OTHER bits. :wink: