• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

BJ8 Registry

BJ8Healeys

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hello, Healeyphiles -

I have been a member of the forum since its first week of operation back in 2001. I've owned my BJ7 and BJ8 since 1984, and since 1997 I have been the keeper of the BJ8 Model Registry for the Austin-Healey Club of America and the A-H Club USA.

For many years now, Basil has very graciously hosted the BJ8 Registry webpage (and the BJ7 page as well) as a part of the forum, and I would like to acknowledge his kindness and thank him publicly for that. The webpage has been a large part of the success of the registry in identifying as many BJ8s as possible, and in helping us to know more about the cars by allowing the registry to collect some similar details on a large number of cars. As of today, the BJ8 registry has a record of 7,080 individual BJ8s worldwide (40% of total production).
You can contribute the information for your car by clicking on the link provided on the main Austin-Healey forum page, or go here: https://www.britishcarforum.com/bj8quest.html
Personal information requested on the questionnaire (name/address/e-mail/telephone, etc.) is ONLY used to document the ownership of a car and to make it possible for the registry to serve as a link among the various owners (former, current, or later)of a given car. It is NOT USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE and is not published.

Any BJ8 owner who has not done so is invited to contribute the record of your car. There are many excellent reasons why you should do this, but space does not allow me to itemize them or give examples here. If you are dubious or curious, please contact me directly and allow me to explain in more detail.

Thanks, and Happy Healeying!

Ed_K

Jedi Knight
And I want to put in a " plug " for Steve's work. It is amazing what he was able to find out about some of our cars. He has spent a lot of his personal time and $$ in this effort. He has traveled to the UK and collected an amazing amount of information that you don't get from the heritage certificate... What kind of information you ask ??? How about a copy of the application for the original UK license plate if your car was 1st registered in the UK. Or a copy of the manufacturer's certificate of origin for a new motor vehicle used to obtain the first license plate or registration. In my case, he was able to help me find the original owner of my car that purchased it when stationed on Okinawa as a GI. There was at least one company that specialized in purchasing new Healey's for GIs and then would register it in the UK and put a few miles on it so it won't be subject to the new car import tax. I also have a copy of the paper from that company that shows the airport number across the river from Philadelphia where my car was flown in to and the date it was shipped/received.
He can obtain copies of old registrations in some states but not all states.
Using the information I received from Steve I was able to communicate to ALL of the previous owners of my car. I was not able to identify the 2nd or first owners on my own.
Before I knew Steve, I was somewhat skeptical about anything good coming from giving him my serial numbers. I thought I might be just asking for more junk mail to arrive at my house. Was I pleasantly surprised !
:thumbsup:

G

gblawson

Steve... an amazing data base... and to have 40% is quite the 'return'!!!! I know the amount of 'extra' work involved and compliment you!
I started something similar for the MG T series a few years ago and although I get one or two submissions a week, we only have approx 4000 of the 35,000 cars... long, long way to go. Again.. well done!

https://www.niagarabritishcarclub.org/mgtnumbers/numbers.html