• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

79 Panther Lima Series 2 turbocharged

PantherUSA

Freshman Member
Bronze
Country flag
The turbo charged Lima is back on the road and running like a dream. A lot of the parts turned out to be cross-referenced to parts available on this side of the pond so putting it together wasn't the impossible task it seemed. Here's a short video of one of the first rides. I handles like a true sports car while being very comfortable and very, very British. I'm in love with this quirky machine!!

I love the exhaust note. When viewing the video, I strongly suggest turning up the sound and using a good sound system preferably one with a sub-woofer.

Hi, I just picked up a 79 Panther lima turbo, owner passed away, it has not been started in over two years. cranks but no spark. I have it home and will have time now to work on it. would love to have owners to connect with for questions and advice. first British car for me, currently I have 69 Cutlass and 02 Ford Lightning thanks. Doug.:at:

mezy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hi, I just picked up a 79 Panther lima turbo, owner passed away, it has not been started in over two years. cranks but no spark. I have it home and will have time now to work on it. would love to have owners to connect with for questions and advice. first British car for me, currently I have 69 Cutlass and 02 Ford Lightning thanks. Doug.:at:
Hi BillD. Nice car. Or will be, I have series 1 Lima but not a turbo. It now has mx5 engine and box. Check my thread Lima restomod. Mine is on a vauxhall magnum floor pan yours will have panthers own hand built chassis.
pull the dizzy cap off clean the points. Check for power at the coil.

PantherUSA

Freshman Member
Bronze
Country flag
Hi BillD. Nice car. Or will be, I have series 1 Lima but not a turbo. It now has mx5 engine and box. Check my thread Lima restomod. Mine is on a vauxhall magnum floor pan yours will have panthers own hand built chassis.
pull the dizzy cap off clean the points. Check for power at the coil.
Thank you, looking over your photo's, that is a major undertaking, I hope as I get mine started, then see what else needs attention that it will not have frame issues. thanks, Doug

mezy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Thank you, looking over your photo's, that is a major undertaking, I hope as I get mine started, then see what else needs attention that it will not have frame issues. thanks, Doug
The frame on yours would be much easier to rebuild as it was hand made from flat sheet and box sections not a cut and shut job from a vauxhall. Hope you get her running soon. Just fire away any questions. There are some real clever people on here

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Looks like our Panther owners are both on this thread. Just had this pop up on a facebook feed. Can't imagine Panther parts cars come up often.

mezy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Looks like our Panther owners are both on this thread. Just had this pop up on a facebook feed. Can't imagine Panther parts cars come up often.

Had a good stuffing in the front corner. the metal bits would not be problem but the bit of the front section of the body work would need a doner car to take mould off the section thats missing, to make new section to graft on, very doable,
On a side note i would love the seats out of it as mine are from a kalista and are way to high and need modifying to make them look right