• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I Can Almost Smell the Paint

ralph_s

Jedi Trainee
Well it's almost been 1 year and I'm closing in on completing the metal work. Should be finished and painted by the end of March. I've never done this level of restoration before and it's been more of a job/challenge then anticipated. But with spring on the way, the grunt work almost done, the thought of starting reassembly is keeping me motivated. Hope to be up and running by the end of summer. Guess I'll find out how good my notes and pictures are when I start assembly. Good to know I've got a back up plan w/ the BCF crew on call!!

Attachments

• 24386.jpg
    24386.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 248
  • 24388.jpg
    24388.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 243
  • 24389.jpg
    24389.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 247
looking great! love that happy anticipatory Bugeye smile in the last photo.

Ralph, That really do look great. I'm somewhat at the same stage as you and I feel almost like I have no idea on where anything goes how both we rally each other to see who gets their car assembled first? :wink:

Glad to hear I'm not alone. I suspect taking it apart was the easier part of the puzzle. The good news is we won't be working w/ rusty nuts & bolts!!
I like your "rally' idea, lets keep posting our progress and see who takes the first ride. But we have to agree on GMT as I don't want to give you a 6 hour time lead...........lol
Good luck w/ your project.

ralph_s said:
Glad to hear I'm not alone. I suspect taking it apart was the easier part of the puzzle. The good news is we won't be working w/ rusty nuts & bolts!!
I like your "rally' idea, lets keep posting our progress and see who takes the first ride. But we have to agree on GMT as I don't want to give you a 6 hour time lead...........lol
Good luck w/ your project.

Okay you Cheap stake 6h it is :wink: Fortunately there's not a lot of technology in these types of cars so assembly won't be all that troublesome.... I hope.

Are you planing on doing the paint job yourself or leaving it to a professional? That's my dilemma at the moment, leaning against the later option.

I'm definately leaving it to a profesional. That's way past my skill level. I like a Lexus spectra blue, which is a dark blue color and a white stripe up the center. Did pick us a nice set of mini lite wheels some time ago. And added a front tilt bonnet, so I'm not exactly a purist on this resto!! Just tempering to my taste, but nothing outrageous.
This week I'll finish the 1275 engine rebuild. Still need to pick up the wire harness. But most all the other mechanical have been rebuilt including a disc brake conversion. Lots of interior work to do as I stripped down the dash this week and need to recover as well as the other interior panels. Lots to do, but gotta keep your eye on the prize.....

Attachments

• 24393.jpg
    24393.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 175
Well I did my first paint together with my dad on this Amazon a couple of years ago turned out really good.
20090405700.jpg

darn it... I want my 6 hours head start back since you're ahead of me ..! My 1275 engine is still at the shop waiting to get re-bored. Although I have all the new parts to put it back together. My ford five speed is rebuild and ready plus that all the metal work on the car has been done also the fibreglass work on my bonnet, completely rebuilt my brakes but I haven't done anything about the suspension yet.

I like your idea on the blue with white stripe. When I bought my car it had a really nice shade of white and I think I'll try and recreate that and also make a stripe in the middle, a thick stripe of dark green with two thin "verger stripes" (limited vocabulary) on the side of it

spritespot.jpg

Nice work, you should beat me through the paint booth.....I like the 5 speed conversion. Makes any LBC much more road friendly.