• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

beware mailorder parts

rikiwho123

just to let everyone know i was told that canley was a good supply house and they may be but i ordered some items only to have half of them wrong ; like head studs being to long ; main bearing bolts not rated even S on the bolts rated L and fan belt being to small ; just a warning if you can't walk into a store your taking chances with your money p.s. they ship without any invoice of what you bought ; so beware.

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Yes, sometimes things go terribly awry... the real test for these vendors is how they handle the problem.

Fortunately most all the major ones really want to make it right -- and that's a good thing since I find it is pretty hard to "walk into a store" and buy parts for a TR3.

booley

Jedi Trainee
I've bought stuff from Canley's, never had a problem.
Never happy with what our dollar is worth over there, but that's not their fault...

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Having order WAY WAY to many parts from Canley, I am surprised as I have never had a problem with them. They are also very responsive either by E-mail or phone. talk to them.

OP
rikiwho123

rikiwho123

in order to send back any mistakes it will cost me again with the shipping so i add the bolts to the parts box and be glad it was a cheap mistake or it would go back;thanks for the advice everyone.

dklawson

Yoda
I understand completely about the cost of returning parts. However, contacting Canley to discuss the problem could achieve two things. They may decide to send you the correct items at no charge. They also need to be aware of the mistake so it doesn't happen again. After all, it could be something as simple as putting the parts in the wrong bin in their warehouse.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Reminder, folks: Please keep the vendor complaints off the Forum. Check the Forum Rules #6:

<span style="color: #3333FF"> 6. No vendor bashing! If you have a problem with a vendor (whether supporting or otherwise), take it up with the vendor. Don't use this forum for registering complaints about any vendor or business. However, we do have a Vendor Review forum where you can post a review and rate vendors. All posts in that forum are fully moderated. Please read the rules posted in that forum before posting there.

</span>

Thanks!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
You just may be assuming that you have to send them back. Like others have said, they just may replace the items.
I purchased foam dash trim from Rimmer in the UK. When I went to install there was a problem of the studs not aligning with the holes in the dash... they promptly credited my account, told me to keep the one I had and replaced it with a new one... how can I complain.
The worth of a company is not the problems, but rather how they solve the problem.
You should contact them.

GeeBee1

Jedi Knight
Mickey

I was waiting for you.

The best you can do at this point is notify the vendor. We all make mistakes and IMHO it is the proper thing to do, for you, them and the rest of their customers.

Pat

MikeP

Jedi Knight
With something like this, most find it cheaper to just let you keep the wrong bits and send replacements. And as most point out, reliable vendors want to make things right if they can as they their market is so small, comparatively
speaking, that they can't afford to gain a bad name in the marketplace.

OP
rikiwho123

rikiwho123

hi doug i did send an email to let them know of the mistake and just waiting for them to get back to me thanks rick ; and i wasn't bashing the vendor just warning people it won't happen again.