• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Progress - finally

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Long story sort of - I finally got Ms. Triss off to the shop in January - was supposed to be last July - Then I get a call from the body guy - he's being evicted. Can do my car but would I mind if a friend of his does it instead? "If you will vouch for him - fine." Went up today to meet the "friend" Has little shop - does antique restorations in his retirement - had 2 model A's and an old 50-51 Ford pickup out back - one car in the shop - mine - and all is well. Forgot the camera but had the phone. BTW - he filled in the brake light holes with metal and panel adhesive so I guess even old dogs learn new tricks - it's coming! and so apparently is spring.

Attachments

• 10370.jpg
    10370.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 223
  • 10371.jpg
    10371.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 224
Showing as links because they aren't picture format (i.e. .jpg, .bmp, .gif etc.)

Looks great so far... I'd love to see bigger / detailed pix of that rear end, it's on my list of future mods!

-D

The story continues. I put out a call for a hood and trunk (boot & bonnet) and then emailed the guy I bought my last trunk from. Interesting guy - has a gorgeous MR2 and 911 in his garage and then inherited a 58 and 61 bugeye. He also got 6 engines, extra trannys etc etc. His garage is packed! He also has a bunch of square body stuff mixed in. As I mentioned, he has already sold me a trunk, chrome bumpers, a grille and a few odds & sods. Turns out he also has a hood. He said "but I need you to see it - it has some surface rust" - this translates to about 4 stone chips - it was nigh on perfect. Small crease in the trunk but it was great too - nice red actually. One very fair price later (and did I mention he only lives 20 min. away?) and we're off to the body shop. No pics but the front bumper has been mounted, he made some very cool brackets for both front and back. One door has been sanded and the last of the dents are mostly gone. It is starting to look so pretty I can hardly stand it. Spring is coming!

Oh, and I told you about the botched work before - the sand blasting too hard - well the patches were terrible too so more or less everything had to be redone - but got a very nice cheque from the guy so that's resolved. BUT, when my body guy cleaned out the patch on the A-Post he found a dried piece of putty the size of a small rock inside - a rattle like that would have driven me round the bend!

So, all is good, God is good, life is good - will send pics as I receive them.