• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Members rides?

59Rob

Country flag
Is there a photo album of sorts anywhere here that has pics of members rides? I thought there was a while back but I can't find it. I'll be starting on my restoration one of these years and have been considering a color change, would like to see what others have in the way of TR3s or TR2's

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
I think the album feature you may be thinking of is no more.

I won't bother to show you a pic of mine because it is signal red. It cam that way from the factory but no one who is thinking clearly would change to that color (IMO) -- just too common when there are a world of factory colors to choose from.

A look at Google Images for TR3 will keep you busy for awhile.

OP

59Rob

Country flag
Thanks. I have looked at google images but you only get one, maybe two shots of the car. I figured if there was something here you might get a dozen shots of the same car from different angles, interior, etc. I waffle on colors like you wouldn't believe, my current choice is black with the bright red interior

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
i am sure that the forum guy's would not mind posting photos of their TR's. There are a loy of beautiful cars on this forum.

OP

59Rob

Country flag
Yes there is and I would have thought if you clicked on a members avitar you might get to a personal page where they would have some pics of their ride. You just don't see many TR3's where I live, maybe 3 or 4 at the island show and maybe 6 at the bigger show on the mainland. Not really enough to help make a decision

BillyB62

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
My '59 TR3A is
BRG with tan interior - very common but I love it. I have 100's of pics from every imaginable angle (even though my imagine isn't all that large). Let me know if you'd like me to send you some or post them.

RC64

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
You want some pictures? Give this site a try...

https://www.tr-register.com.au/Files/powderblue.htm

My 59 TR-3A has been in restoration for quite awhile now but it's finally close to being finished. I toyed with a lot of colors and finally decided to go with the original power blue. I'm very happy with the way paint job turned out.

DSC00641a.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Is there a photo album of sorts anywhere here that has pics of members rides? I thought there was a while back but I can't find it. I'll be starting on my restoration one of these years and have been considering a color change, would like to see what others have in the way of TR3s or TR2's

With the old forum software there was a "gallery" but unfortunately when we moved to the new software, the gallery function was not easily transferable. One of these days, when I have some free time (ha) I will probably try to re-start the gallery idea here with the new software.

toysrrus

Yoda

charleyf

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
That picture shows a lot of variation in the powder blue color. I painted my TR4 powder blue. The supplier could not come up with the color from any number I could give him. So I gave him the trunk lid brace ( that I am sure never saw any sun to fade it) to use to match the color. I get an amazing number of compliments on the color. It is a deep blue compared to many of the other cars I see. Probably more like the left most car in the picture.
Charley

RC64

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Charley...

I spent quite a bit of time searching the internet when I was considering colors. There were a couple of sites that convinced me to stick with the original powder blue.

The first one was a discussion on the tr-register that included posts from Menno and Raymond regarding formulas for the traditional blue.

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=33536

In a separate thread Menno referenced his PhotoBucket page where he has over 600 pics posted. I'll link it here to the page where he is pictured during a Concurs competition with his blue TR-3. There are some great shots. I have also browsed his pics as a reference for other aspects of the restoration.

https://s211.photobucket.com/user/TR3A1959/library/?sort=2&page=20

Since yours is already painted these formulas won't be of help to you, but they might be useful to someone else that wanders into the thread.

How about posting a photo of yours. The 'deep blue" sounds intriguing. I'd like to see it.

Rick...

OP

59Rob

Country flag
Thanks for the links guys, so many great color combinations. Always loved BRG but there's so many variations so getting the one you like is the tough part. I've never seen a blackberry interior, looks great!

Seeing all these picture of beautifully restored TR's is making me crazy, I really need to start busting my butt and finish the current restoration so I can get on my TR

toysrrus

Yoda
My `57TR3 being looked at by my Friend & Guru Mechanic FRED THOMAS.  He approves..jpgHi Rob,

My previous `57 Small Mouth (Nut & Bolt) was a "Cream Ext / Dk.Burgundy Wine piped in
White" Int. What a "Classy" looking combo that was!!
:eagerness:

Dan`s "Blackberry" Int. probably is close to the same but ? I bought mine from "2 Tall Custom Interiors". They (He) were the only Co. (Person) who offered that color.

Have Fun & a Happy New Year,

Russ

Last edited:

Gerald_Gordon

Silver
Country flag
Although I would like to read the material on the powder-blue color contained in the site https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/...howtopic=33536 that RC64 gives above, my browser's McAfee Site Advisor add-on warns that the site exhibits one or more risky behaviors and discourages its use. If anyone has already saved the formula for that color, would you post it here, please?

OP

59Rob

Country flag
View attachment 30763Hi Rob,

My previous `57 Small Mouth (Nut & Bolt) was a "Cream Ext / Dk.Burgundy Wine piped in
White" Int. What a "Classy" looking combo that was!!
:eagerness:

Dan`s "Blackberry" Int. probably is close to the same but ? I bought mine from "2 Tall Custom Interiors". They (He) were the only Co. (Person) who offered that color.

Have Fun & a Happy New Year,

Russ

The detail on your motor is amazing!

Happy New Year to you guys too