• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

British AH members !

catfood

Jedi Knight
I'm afraid I've never seen that car but judging by the pictures it would be a crying shame to restore it, best leave it as it is and preserve it as a bit of history (if indeed it is as original as claimed). I wish my car interor had such a wonderful 'lived in ' appearance.

nevets

Jedi Knight
Country flag
If it's any concern to you, the engine appears to be the early 100-6 type, which is less powerful than the later 6-port head engine.

Country flag
I'd be a little concerned. The green over white wasn't a stnadard factory color combination, and the standard interior with BRG was black. The "L" in the number "BN4LO/38139" denotes a left hand drive car; yet the photos show its a RHD. See this seller's auction of item 4628753822 for a BJ8 that's RHD originally- its hasn't got the "L" in its number. Also note that they're a dealer (or agent?) and not the owner...

My inclination is to think that's its an older import, probably from the US into the UK, that's had the steering moved and its interior replaced, and maybe the coves painted white to make it a little distinctive.

But no, I have no personal knowledge of this car....

healeyneil

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I agree with the above. Personally I would never buy at such a value without personal inspection of the vehicle.
On another note, Soren, buy soon or your baby girl will be all grown up! I have photos of my son, aged 3, stapped into the back of my car. He drove it last weekend for the first time!

Dave Richards

Jedi Knight
Country flag
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif You let one of your kids drive your Healey?!? I don't even let my teenagers near the driver's seat, that is, except to clean it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Dave Richards

Jedi Knight
Country flag
My screen background at work is a picture of my late model Blazer, rolled by one of my teenage sons, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif I'm looking out the window at the smashed in back end of a late model Dodge, accomplished by another teenage son. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif I'm all for learning, just like I did, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif by experience, but on something much less expensive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

healeyneil

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Yes but I was very definately in the passenger seat with one hand hovering over the handbrake (emergency brake ) and he knows how much the Healey means to me !

Dave Richards

Jedi Knight
Country flag
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif now he'll have the bug too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

DerekJ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
That car is too expensive for what it is - neally 12,000pounds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif

There is no patina! The paint is the wrong colour and the interior is totally wrong in the wrong material and the wrong colour.

At the right price though - ie lower - it looks like it could be a solid car for the basis of a restoration. It is an early Longbridge BN4 with the 2 port integral head giving 102 bhp. These cars are deemed to be less desirable simply because of the 102 bhp - in fact they are far rarer than BJ8s as many more have been scrapped which is a shame.