• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I just want to play with my car today

MadRiver

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
I'm sorry to lob in such a pointless post, but I just can't stand it. I'm terribly bored at work, looking out the window at a cloudless sky, I have a punchlist for my 250 a mile long and I just want to skip out and play LBC today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif Anyone else feeling the call of spring driving weather? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

ObiRichKanobi

Jedi Knight
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else feeling the call of spring driving weather? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. The body shop called yesterday and said mine was going in for paint today (the accident repairs are made) and I might have it by the weekend...just in time for more rain and snow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nopity.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
ARGH. Well, may be for the best... give the paint some more cure time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

...I know, iknow: I'll go back an' sit in my corner some more. <slufs away>

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
Boy have you got my number
I sit behind my puter all day next to the window and dream about working on my TR6.
SO LITTLE TIME <> SO MANY REPAIRS!!!!
by the time the real good weather gets here I wouldn't of had enough time to work on the car so instead of driving ill be knuckle bustin!

(((KEEP THE FAITH)))
we could always sit in the garage and pretend "VEROOM VEROOM"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

Bob_Muzio

Jedi Trainee
I just did! I's sunny and clear in LA and I've just returned from a 60 mile drive in the TR4, top down of course, through the Santa Monica Mountains (Mulholland Highway, Piuma Canyon, Saddle Peak Ridge, La Tuna, etc.)
Hope the weather holds out for you fellows and you can do it this weekend.
Bob

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
"SURE RUB IT IN!..........lol"

really thats awesome, I cant wait, it's only bout 44 here in Ct, but in a month or so it should be warm enough to drive with the top down............we hope..........

and if you dont like the weather in New England, stick around a min. it'll change.

silver7

I miss my car too, fortunately at my work I'm able to surround my self with car stuff (including pics of my car)

I get to play with one of my cars tonight actually , but unfortunatley it's not the Triumph .....

Ps , spring is in the air over in the great white too !
Judging by the rate snow is melting, I might be able to gt the TR out sooner than I thought !!

G

[ QUOTE ]
we could always sit in the garage and pretend "VEROOM VEROOM"!

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you been spying on me?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

I'm headed to the British Motoring Club of New Orleans' annual British Car Day show this Saturday morning. The weather projection is low 30's in the early morning. Not to worry. My newly rebuilt heater will keep me warm. I plan on leaving for the show at 5:30 AM, with the top down, and many, many layers of warm clothes! We had planned on going the night before but couldn't find a hotel open that had a covered parking garage. I refuse to leave my baby out for strangers to mess with her, even with a car cover. All the hotels I frequent are still closed for renovation after Katrina. The club president maintains that we will still get a healthy turnout, I am hopeful. Plan on pulling up to my favorite CC's coffee shop at 7:00, get a 4-shot-sloppy-cappuchino-with-4-raw-sugers, let the car cool down, slap on my velocity stacks and let her rip. (For you uninitiated, CC's is an area coffee house chain that makes Starbuck's taste like Micky-D's). Anyway, we are now in prime motoring weather. What's a little chill gonna do but make me run cooler.
Happy motoring, ya'll.....

Bill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
It can get as nice as it wants. Just peek at my siggy and you'll see what is sitting in my shop. Not a chance It'll see the road this year, probably not next either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif

AltaKnight

Jedi Knight
Way it's going here in Alberta it'll be July before the TR6 gets on the road.
We got about 3 feet of snow last Monday.
Can't hardly even get onto the driveway off our crescent the snows so deep, there's a pair of tram tracks down the middle of the crescent and you have to wrench the car off them and through the snow.
If I was in my TR6 it would be a high centered road ornament! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

gsalt57tr3

Jedi Warrior
It was in the mid 60s today and will be in the 70s tomorrow. My TR3 is down to the metal, waiting to go to the paint shop.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
all of our days will come,
I found out over the years the you REALLY need to be patient if you want to own and drive a British car...

I put on the window fuzzys last night along with the outer rubber , boy let me tell ya what a PITA!!!

VEEEErrroooom!