• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Austin Healey Barbie from the 60s...

Country flag
No. They usually sell for 15 bucks. Easy to find at flee markets. They did have a Barbie car made by Eldon in the 60's but no clock. I believe there is a Ken doll box that has a picture of a Healey on it. (I worked in a toy store in high school)

Legal Bill

Jedi Knight
Country flag
tahoe healey said:
No. They usually sell for 15 bucks. Easy to find at flee markets. They did have a Barbie car made by Eldon in the 60's but no clock. I believe there is a Ken doll box that has a picture of a Healey on it. (I worked in a toy store in high school)

Really? I'll give you $20 for one and pay the shipping to my house.

66healey

Legal Bill said:
tahoe healey said:

Really? I'll give you $20 for one and pay the shipping to my house.

Look on ebay, there are a bunch of them listed there.

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
I remember this Barbie car. My sister had one when we were children. No surprise now as to why this was under the Xmas tree that year. Dad drove a Healey then.

Question, when did this Barbie car come out?

Are these cars worth $119.99 in the condition this guy is selling it for?

This is a gorgeous vintage Barbie car. It is an Austin Healey convertible with Barbie license tags in the front and back. The car is approximately 18" long. It is marked Irwin Mattel underneath the car. The car is a little dusty and has part of the front bumper missing. One front tire is a little lopsided as it rolls. The tires do not have much wear and there is only slight wear to the car. There is wear to the chrome on the steering wheel, dashboard, and bumpers. The car needs cleaned. This Barbie car is very nice with minor wear!!! Buyer pays shipping.

https://cgi.ebay.com/NEAT-Vintage-Irwin-B...#ht_3747wt_1167

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
I just did a search on Ebay. Came across this guys ad.

https://cgi.ebay.com/BARBIES-FIRST-SPORTS...9#ht_8237wt_941

It seems Healey's really do hold their valve. Even Barbie's.
Here is what this guy wrote in his ad:

IN OCTOBER 2008 AND June 2009, THIS CAR SOLD ON eBay FOR $300.00 - $350.00(NEW IN MINT CONDITION WITH 1962 RETAIL BOX); USED IN FAIR CONDITION (NO BOX) IT SOLD FOR $175.00 (MARCH 2009). I am listing the price at $115.00.....OR YOUR BEST OFFER.

Found the answer to my question of when these models came out. 1962.

roscoe

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Hey,
If the Barbie steering wheel comes with a functional trafficator it is probably worth more than the asking price.

Shane

Jedi Warrior
AUSMHLY said:
I just did a search on Ebay. Came across this guys ad.

https://cgi.ebay.com/BARBIES-FIRST-SPORTS...9#ht_8237wt_941

It seems Healey's really do hold their valve. Even Barbie's.
Here is what this guy wrote in his ad:

IN OCTOBER 2008 AND June 2009, THIS CAR SOLD ON eBay FOR $300.00 - $350.00(NEW IN MINT CONDITION WITH 1962 RETAIL BOX); USED IN FAIR CONDITION (NO BOX) IT SOLD FOR $175.00 (MARCH 2009). I am listing the price at $115.00.....OR YOUR BEST OFFER.

Found the answer to my question of when these models came out. 1962.

<span style="font-size: 10pt"><span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">I think the reason these cars are worth so much is the fact that they somehow shoehorned a 3 litre engine into an 18 inch car...</span></span> :jester:

# Engine: 2912cc, 6 CYL.
# Dimensions: 18" L x 8" W (side to side from one hubcap to the other) x 5" H

BabaKahawa

Jedi Knight
All right... white walls

Country flag
Okay guys, eat your hearts out...

Yes, I have the (repro from the mid to late 90s) clock radio. The radio is crap, and no longer has ANY reception, but the clock still keeps good time. It's on the nightstand beside the bed.

But that's NOTHING compared to my wife; she still has her mint & perfect Barbie Healey from when she was a little girl. Her's does not have broken bumpers, and the windshield is also intact, it's literally perfect. Believe it or not, in the nine plus (9+) years I've lived with her, I've only dusted it, it's never left us stranded, nor have I modified any portion of it :wink:

As a kid, I can remember the little girl that lived next door getting one when they came out, so I would've been about eight (8) at the time. Only time I ever wanted to play with dolls. Really!

Johnny

Darth Vader
Country flag

BJ8Healeys

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
The Barbie clock radio to have is the very limited edition one with the upside-down bumpers. I don't mean the bumpers are installed upside down, but they are MADE upside down. The license plates front and back read "BARBIE" rightside-up, but the overriders are upside down.
I bought mine from a vendor at the Charlotte Autofair back in the '90s. I had been looking for a Barbie clock radio, and this vendor only had the one. It was several years later that I noticed the bumpers were upside down.
My understanding is that there was an initial production run that got out before someone realized the bumpers were wrong and corrected them on subsequent production.

I'm taking offers beginning in the neighborhood of $10K!
:thumbsup:

GregW

Yoda
Country flag
Happy Holidays Steve,
I'll get a cashiers check for $15K sent to you from my Nigerian bank. If you can just mail the car and the balance, we'll be set!

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
BJ8Healeys said:
The Barbie clock radio to have is the very limited edition one with the upside-down bumpers. I don't mean the bumpers are installed upside down, but they are MADE upside down. The license plates front and back read "BARBIE" rightside-up, but the overriders are upside down.
I bought mine from a vendor at the Charlotte Autofair back in the '90s. I had been looking for a Barbie clock radio, and this vendor only had the one. It was several years later that I noticed the bumpers were upside down.
My understanding is that there was an initial production run that got out before someone realized the bumpers were wrong and corrected them on subsequent production.

I'm taking offers beginning in the neighborhood of $10K!
:thumbsup:
How about that $10k in Pesos?

TimK

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Greg, once again you crack me up and make this forum enjoyable. Merry Christmas to all.