• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General MG Stubborn spinner

Jrmandella

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi Everyone,
I got my STUBBORN 2-eared spinner off. Sharing a technique to hopefully help others

No cutting, no torch, no pnuematics. Attached picture is worth 1000 Words. I put a bottle jack on one end and used a soft blow hammer on the other. I made black marks with a Sharpie on the wheel and spinner to gauge my progress (it was painfully slow). At the progress marks below I gave it another 25 whacks and kept adjusting the bottle jack by 1/16 inch. On a whim, I tried my Clark and Clark wrench and it spun right off

This task seemed impossible a few days ago.

There is tool that might be used. It is $80 plus international shipping: > 2 Prong Wire Wheel Knock Off Tool <
THis one is $200: > Wire rim Two Wing knock off tool lowrider hydraulics | eBay <

Attachments

• Resized_20230910_194803.jpeg
    Resized_20230910_194803.jpeg
    519.1 KB · Views: 30