• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Spridget Detour - Wife's Dream Car Story

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Allthough my wife Paula enjoy's our Spridgets, her "dream car" was a 1927 Model T Fordor that a local guy has owned for the past 60 ! years, it was restored about 13 years ago... last year he had his Model A up for sale & the Paula told him he had the for sale sign in the wrong car... he commented if he ever sold his Model T it would be difficult as he has owned it for so long & he would want to see it stay local... about a month ago we were at a small local show, Paula disappeared to seek out the Model T (as she always does), a minute later she comes running thru the crowd saying to me "it's for sale, it's for sale" (a small hand written for sale sign was in the side window)- We find the owner & he commented that he was going to call her but wasn't sure how serious she was (how many times have dreamers made the same comment to him over the years I imagine) Long story short, Paula asks to sit behind the wheel, he obliges, she has a smile a mile wide, hops out of the car & shakes his hand - he looks at me with this baffled look & says "does this mean I'm taking the sign out of the window?" I shook his hand & said "take the sign out of the window"
Paula was fully aware that it has a top speed of 30 mph, has to be trailered if leaving the Island where it is kept etc. but dream car is a dream car & I'm not about to argue with that! She is already quite proficient with operating the ol' buggy & getting better with the cold starts :smile:
We all like pictures, so here are a couple.

Attachments

• P1030519 (1).jpg
    P1030519 (1).jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 103
  • P1030520 (1).jpg
    P1030520 (1).jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 99
Very cool. A dream car is a dream car, doesn't matter what it is.

You chose well when you married, that's for sure.

Wow, she's a beaut! I won't ask how much it was. I have a soft spot for T's, but my favorite style is the earlier center-door. Size aside, a T and a Midget have a lot in common. Simple, durable, spartan, fun, attracts attention, and not blazingly fast.

The best bumper sticker I ever saw on a T: "I only have two speeds, and you won't like the other one either."

Very cool. A dream car is a dream car, doesn't matter what it is.

You chose well when you married, that's for sure.

+1 congrats - suits her to a T!

We have a '25 model T. It is my favorite car to drive. Just went through a rebuild with it. It runs like a top. My uncle bought the car in the 50's and upon his death, my family ended up with it. It puts a smile on peoples faces like my bugeye. The cool thing about driving the Model T is that you come across these older guys and they all have a Model T story to tell. You guys have a great looking car. Enjoy!!

Nice Jer, I like fast car's AND slow one's. Looks like a nice T.

Kurt.

The cool thing about driving the Model T is that you come across these older guys and they all have a Model T story to tell. You guys have a great looking car. Enjoy!!

My grandfather bought one for his daily driver. He paid $6 for it and rebuilt the motor with junkyard parts that cost him $1.40.

Last edited:
That's awesome. Congrats to you...:encouragement:

the car is really nice too... :glee:

That is wonderful! Congrats on having a neat old car and a neat wife! We have a friend who works with me and often chats with me about MGs. Like me, her first car was an MGA. Her father, also a sports car guy, passed some time ago. He left a Model T pickup in the garage in his house and it's been there for years now. She still owns the house (it's near Lime Rock) and has told me that it would be tough to sell the old T for sentimental reasons. Her hubby and kids are not interested in it. But she's told me that I'll be the first one to know if she decides to sell. I drive in a lot of our local parades and I'd love to use a Model T for parade use.

Hi Jer, Please reserve the back seat for Ruth and I when you bring it to St. Ignace for the classic car parade! Steve

Congrats Jer on the "new" car. Hmmm! I see a new garage build in the future.

Hi Jer, Please reserve the back seat for Ruth and I when you bring it to St. Ignace for the classic car parade! Steve

She has already mentioned the "Antiques on the Bay" show so it shouldn't be to long before she is in the St.Ignace parade, no problem I can reserve the seat for you guy's !

Congrats Jer on the "new" car. Hmmm! I see a new garage build in the future.

Ohh ya I have been eyeing up those 35' x 70' steel storage buildings for a few years now... already have 27 acres of land... just need to stop renovating the house to free up money for storage building fund !

Thanks all for the comments, she wants to know how to do all the maintenance on it as well, but seeing she is 7 months pregnant I won't let her crawl around underneath right now, but she did install her license plates ! ha ha
P1030593.jpg

Didn't realize you guys were expecting - congratulations and blessings, that is really exciting!