• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Saved from the crusher

ozzie

In the brief time I have spent on this forum I have received much usefull info. I am beginning to feel a bit like a leach for just gobbling up the goodies and not giving anything back so Ive decided to do what little I can. Since tech help is probable best left to those who know, all I can do is provide pics of my project and how it is progressing thanks in large part to the good folks on this forum. This car is a 70 GT6 MKIII. Several different owners had appearantly started resto but given up quickly. Most of the removable parts I got in boxes and the rest look like they had been slapped back on the car for a quick sell. Anyway, I have made decent progress so far and will try to convey that by means of attaching pics. Sorry for the rambling, just wanted to say thanks!
Ozzie in Sapulpa

T

Tinster

Welcome Ozzie!!

Best wishes, you have the spirit of the
forum down pat!!

dale in bayamon, PR

Harry_Ward

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Ozzie,

Welcome to the Forum! Best of luck with the GT6 MKIII rebuild. What seems to be the main reason why all the others gave up on it? Some big problem or just overwhelmed?

OP
O

ozzie

I believe the main reason for giving up on the little car was the last owner got it during a resto job on a mini. Probably thinking it would be his next project but I suspect his next project turned out to be a new baby (the kind with diapers!)

I tried to get some pics up and even looked at the faq knowledge base but still no luck. I will keep trying.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Hey, Ozzie! Welcome and come back often. Especially with pictures and stories of your progress. We're all still learning here.

rotoflex

Jedi Trainee
Pictures are the reward for coming here!

The easiest way to put up photos is by opening a free account at
https://www.photobucket.com

and upload a photo there. When you do that, they have a box of text marked "IMG code" under the photo, you just copy & paste that text into a message here.

the best size for photos so that they don't appear HUGE is about 500 pixels wide, so you may need to re-size your photo before uploading it to photobucket.

OP
O

ozzie

Thanks for the welcome. I think Im going to have to breakdown and ask for help on the picture posting thing-I keep failing miserably. The info in the knowledge base says to check the "I want to preview my post and/or add an image" box when I save the post but I cant find that option. Im not stupid but Im beginning to think my computer is!

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
ozzie said:
Thanks for the welcome. I think Im going to have to breakdown and ask for help on the picture posting thing-I keep failing miserably. The info in the knowledge base says to check the "I want to preview my post and/or add an image" box when I save the post but I cant find that option. Im not stupid but Im beginning to think my computer is!

If you just want to add a few attachments to your post, when you're done, click on "file Manager" at the bottom. That will allow you to browse your pics and attach them. Watch the size though, there is a limit. I keep mine about 600 x 450 pixels. See attachments below...

Tinkerman

Darth Vader
Hey Art:
Your car looks exactly like mine did last week! I was at the body shop this morning (to fork over some $$$$ and he had just finished painting some panels with BRG. Truly awsome and it hasn't been rubbed out yet! I will post some pics later.

Big welcome to the forum Ozzie! Great place to learn and enjoy the hobby.

Cheers, Tinkerman

rotoflex

Jedi Trainee
Ozzie:

If your GT6 MK3 is a literal basket case (arrived with parts in boxes & baskets), the best tool you will buy will be a BL factory parts catalogue. The GT6 parts catalog is one of the best ever created: clear exploded diagrams showing assembly. It then becomes mostly a matter of putting the car together like the pictures indicate, like a model. You'll need to get torque specs, etc. from the shop manual, of course!

The Heritage Motor Centre CD says it includes a factory shop manual & a parts catalogue from either the paper catalogue or microfiche. I have the paper catalogue & it's GREAT, but the microfiches were updated from time to time so if they're included, they could be even better.

Buy one of these for the GT6:
https://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/giftshop/techpubs.html

About $40 for the answers to find out where almost everything goes, how it goes together, what nuts & bolts to use, what's missing, & what you need to get!

Flinkly

Jedi Trainee
another gt6 in the group, and a mk3 to boot. let me know if you need any help. as for the tech books, they are fantastic, but expect to be suprised every once in a while.