• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Can It Be Saved?

Country flag
Looks pretty good to me. Especially if you get it cheap. Sandblast and paint. Frame where trailing arms look solid. Thats the worst area to rust. Axles hubs are worth close to $100 ea.

marv

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Well worth it if someone needed a frame - extra parts as Marv notes are a nice bonus. I had my 3A blasted and powdercoated, I'd do that again in a heartbeat as it was in my mind cheap labor to get everything nicely cleaned up.

In this case, I'd add the reinforcements for the rear diff pins and make sure the 4A front arms are modified for the later TR6 two hole setup.

justin_mercier

Jedi Warrior
That actually looks to be in surprisingly good shape, and probably well worth saving if it can be had for a reasonable price. I'd see if I could get some close ups of where the trailing arms attach to the Tshirt area on the bottom of the frame, and of the lower Tshirt, as that's the first place to 'go' on these frames, but if it's solid there, it's probably solid everywhere.

M_Pied_Lourd

Darth Vader
Country flag
To me it looks like the rear Spring bridge is broken or seperated from the frame on the passenger side. Other than that, it doesn't look too bad depending on the money.

Cheers,
M. Pied Lourd

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
KVH -- As I recall you have a hoard of spare sheet metal parts -- are you thinking of assembling a 4A bit by bit?

I agree, looks like it could be worth saving if you need one.