• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Can this be saved?

terriphill

Darth Vader

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
If I were to buy it - & I'm watching it- the only reason would be as a parts car! Oh, no OD in it.

Let me know if anybody here is planning on bidding....

Bugeye58

Yoda
Tony, if all it needs is floors and sills, it's too good for a parts car.
Of course, up here we're used to dealing with rust! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Jeff

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Looks like a flood victim. Sorry to say that I'd probably part it out.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I wasn't gonna say it, Vinnie...but methinks you've nailed it - too much rust in the wrong places!

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
You gotta think the cross members have been attacked as well. Yes repairable but at what cost and labor.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
They have been - look at the photos through the holes in the floors...

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
Hey Tony, if you buy this car and part it out, let me know how much for the wheels.

Regards John

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
John - They're about the only thing I want off it!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
The body on the 72 parts car I had wasn't as bad as this one and it went to the crusher, simply because it would have cost more to resurrect it than it would ever be worth. The underbody looked like it had been dipped in acid. The body panels on this car look good, (on the surface) and the fenders. I agree with everyone who says, Parts Car Only! If you can get it cheap enough. Being an RB, it's not my cup of tea!

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
The '74 GT I got was about the same although it had a little more floor. Think of that it costs just fore replacement panels.

Cross members, odds & ends $150
Floors $150 per side
Rockers inner/outer $325 per side
Lower fender are probably gone #40 each
Tunnel front has got to have issues $
Dog legs $35 per side

This totals about $950 not including all other things need to do the work and the Labor, Shipping, appicable taxes... You probably have at least 150 hours on the labor alone.

Then there is the paint/decals.

The list goes on & on. It's a keeper in my book but not for restoration.

Metoothinks that water has visited this MG at levels higher than normal. Too much rust in the engine bay, boot, etc. Would be interesting to see any under carriage shots (what's left) to see mud, silt, etc that has probably not been cleaned.