• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a FREE resource for the Little British Car community. I just did a little math and found that less than 1% of the registered members appreciate this forum enough to support us with an account upgrade. We do not "require" you to pay to play here, but if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and want to ensure we stay online - Consider supporting us with an "optional" low-cost member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

PROJECTS

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior
Now that summer is gone;what are we doing out there.Winter has come to Manitoba,Canada.Just a little bit of snow as of yet.The Tiger has the hardtop on and is put away till spring.The 62 is indoors and the Lister is in the shop and I'm back to working on it.The frint suspension mods are starting to come together nicely. The mounts for the rack should be finished this week.
The motor home is gassed up and the furnace is working and soon I'll be skiing.Since I;m really ready it will probably not snow enough.That's cross country as I'm not a downhill type of person.We both like to go where we can be making our own trails.
Lets here what you may be doing as to working on your cars and keep the posts coming.
cool.gif
remember to smile and enjoy today.

(A) need new (strange) mounting bolts for LH side soft-top "boot" door, both broke.

(B) Car needs re-wiring, would really like to out-source this.

(C) Still shopping for a garage lift, I could then not only raise the Tiger to work on the underside, but park the Miata under it.

(d) I'll wait a while for the biggie -- pulling the motor back out. I suspect Ford MotorSports didn't 'balance' the reciporicating mass, balancing would smooth it out a wee bit. Also, perhaps pulling out the cam and putting a stocker back in. Lastly, fuel injection. Maybe in a year...

Hey Tiger.
Nice to see someone is on the bit. Can't help with A and B. I looked at what you want for C.Trouble is it is $5000 US.That's like 8000 canadian.It really is the way to go. If I had one the tiger would be indoors.Ltets see; Iwas pretty good this year but I don't think santa could get me one.
cool.gif
Smile and enjoy the day

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by thegoodbeamer:
I looked at what you want for C.Trouble is it is $5000 US.That's like 8000 canadian.<hr></blockquote>

I'm seeing quite a few ads in the $3000US range, including Eagle brand, which appears to be well thought of. OTOH, then one has to assemble the 1500lb monster...
wink.gif

That looks good but i still can't get one. Maybe some day.

Me neither...may as well be $22 million right now! ...but I did build 2 X 10 wood ramps (12' long) in my gagage (for about $50). These get the car about 18" off the ground so that there's less bending over to do engine work...plus you can get underneith (at least to some degree).

[ 11-10-2002: Message edited by: aeronca65t ]</p>

Sounds close to what I have. Only my ramps are for 2 wheels and are 16" high.I back the car up on these.Remove carb and put on the plate and lift the front end up with the overhead chain hoist that is on a trolley riding on a 12 foot
I beam. Put the jack stands under and jack the back up and put the jack stands under the rear as well. This gives lots of height as well as room to maneuver. I can do this in a tight space as in winter we don't want to open the doors.For long term projects I have a dolly that I slide under after elevating as said before.This has steel supports so I can then have the frame of the car 36" or so off the floor.
cool.gif
almost enough snow to go skiing.

I am hoping to complete a 2 year redo of my 61 Series I Alpine. Started 1-01. Tore out old tire (non original, not even Alpine) engine, put in V6 2.8L, with a T-5 transmission. Re wired entire car. Replace all the wheel bearings. Tore the rear end apart and replaced all of the ring bolts with grade 8 and lock washers. New headers and exhaust. Finished all that in 1 year then started on the body. Completely stripped the body to bare steel with everything that would come off removed. I had to cut out a coupld of spots of rust and weld in new metal. Completed the body work and painted the body. Just completed priming the doors, truck and hood. Hope to put the color on in the next two weeks then I can start putting it all back together. After that I have the interior to do but I am going to have that done for the most part. The best part is I have done all of this myself, with some guidance from friends. This is the first car project I have ever attempted and it has been a blast.

Way to go 61 Alpine.
I think doing it ourselves is the best part.Love to see some pictures when finished. To see My most modified alpine go to [sunbeamalpine.org] back issues February 2001. The spirit of lister.