• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

HUFFAKER Intake Manifolds

B

BUNDYRUM

I am a first time user, have read some of the posts and found them very interesting and helpful. Nothing else left to do but jump in at the deep end so here goes. I have some "HUFFAKER" intake manifolds for triple HD8's for a 3000. I was wondering if anyone knew of a magazine article written in the 60's about a 3000 raced by Hollywood Sports Cars with these same manifolds on. If i can get the original article or a copy of same or info to follow up it would be a big help. Regards, BUNDYRUM

You could also try contacting Huffaker Racing.
They're at Sears Point Raceway now.

- Doug

I don't know much about Huffaker manifolds, but with a user name like Bundyrum, you'd have to be a Queenslander wouldn't you?

Thank you for the reply. Yes i have already tried them but have yet to receive an answer. BUNDYRUM

Thanks for the reply. Having lived in California for 21 years i've grown a thicker skin so i won't be offended by being called a Queenslander.I do enjoy "Bundy Rum". I grew up in Melbourne where i bought my BN1 in 1972 (and still have). If you had anything to do with any of the OZ Healey clubs prior to 1985 then we may have met. Regards, BUNDYRUM

The Queensland sand when i last saw it (4 months ago) was warm, even in winter. This is one of the nice things about going there at that time of the year. Unlike in the summer when it will burn the skin off your feet. Thanks for asking. Regards, BUNDYRUM.

Yes, I have been a member of the Qld AHOC since 1970 and attended most of the National Rallys up to '85. The name is Alwyn, so we may have met.

If I remember correctly, in order to use triple HD8's you can hog out the triple carb manifolds for the 62 tri carb car. In fact I think I still have a set out in the shop in a box somewhere. I think they flow better than a set of webers on a left hand drive car due to steering gear concerns.

That must be Alwyn Keepence, of course i remember you i changed your headgasket for you at one of the Melbourne rallies. Regards, BUNDYRUM.

I was under the impression that the original Tri-carb manifolds couldn't be "hogged out" to HD8 size, nice to learn something else. Regards, BUNDYRUM.

I have a copy of the Hot Rod magazine article. It was in the 1962 or 1963 Hot Rod Yearbook. It has been reprinted other places also many times. Send me a separate email for an address.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Hap Waldrop Huffaker MGB race car for sale Racing 0
C The Red Huffaker MGB Racing 2
C Huffaker Engineering's Demon Tweaks Racing 5
PAUL161 A Huffaker for sale! MG 6
DART Huffaker "single hoop" MGB Racing 1
Shinsen774 MGB Huffaker MGB MG 12
K TR2/3/3A Carbon buildup in an intake manifold and on spark plugs....... Triumph 3
K TR2/3/3A Is it possible for an intake manifold gasket leak.... Triumph 12
A For Sale Mystery brass intake manifold Other British Classifieds 0
K TR2/3/3A Intake header crossover passage..... Triumph 4
K TR2/3/3A Failed intake manifold gasket? Triumph 2
Zitch For Sale HD8 carbs and 2" intake Austin Healey Classifieds 9
B Thread Type and Size of BN2 Intake/Exhaust Studs Austin Healey 0
V MGB Replace late intake manifold angled breather with early model straight? MG 1
Scotsman BJ8 Intake Manifold Differences Austin Healey 4
Patrick67BJ8 BJ8 Intake manifold Booster & Vacuum Hookup threads sizes. Austin Healey 2
M TR2/3/3A 1960 TR3A--intake manifold-to-SUH6 carbs studs Triumph 3
Jayplum For Sale SU HS6 for sale along with a long intake Triumph Classifieds 3
shadowfever MGB MGB intake wanted MG 2
P MGB 1980 MGB Modified Intake Manifold MG 7
K For Sale Triumph TR3 Intake Manifold Triumph Classifieds 0
Ripper01 For Sale- TR-6 Intake Manifold Triumph Classifieds 0
Ripper01 For Sale TR6 '69-72 Intake Manifold Stanpart V3108 Triumph Classifieds 0
steveg TR6 Fixing the intake manifold Triumph 8
H Wanted Looking for TR4A intake # 307455 Triumph Classifieds 3
Michael Oritt Intake manifold question Austin Healey 11
GeorgeC Intake / exhaust manifold gasket install goop? Spridgets 2
steve00136 MGB Intake manifold alignment MG 4
K For Sale TR4A Intake Manifold..Put one on your TR3...improves air intake....cheap like borsht. Triumph Classifieds 2
K For Sale Long and short TR3 and 4A Intake manifolds Triumph Classifieds 0
J Bj8 intake manifold to heat shield to carb gaskets Austin Healey 4
Lin Intake manifold drain pipes Austin Healey 29
R FFuel overflowing at Intake Manifold Austin Healey 10
BLong63AH Removal of Intake and Exhaust manifold. Austin Healey BJ7 Austin Healey 24
T why would an intake manifold stud have both coarse and fine threads? Spridgets 8
P For Sale Weber carb/intake, header Spridgets Classified 2
K For Sale TR3 Intake Manifolds..... Triumph Classifieds 0
K For Sale Curved tube intake manifold...2" Triumph Classifieds 2
B Gasket Sealer on Intake/Exhaust Manifold Gasket. Austin Healey 7
H BJ8 blew out intake manifold plug Austin Healey 10
I Tips for installing intake manifold plugs in a stock Bugeye? Spridgets 6
T SOLD!! Original AH 100 LeMans intake manifolds Austin Healey Classifieds 2
DrEntropy For Sale MGA intake manifold [1500] MG Classifieds 0
bugedd Carb/intake question Spridgets 6
bugedd Intake Manifold Spridgets 12
Jim_Gruber Did I find another need for a Whitworth Wrench Set/ Did I screw up intake manifold Spridgets 5
C TR2/3/3A Intake/Exhaust Manifold Replacement Triumph 11
R Air Intake Deflector - Radiator Austin Healey 8
E TR6 1973 TR-6 Unbalanced Intake Triumph 11
K Midget backfire at intake side... Spridgets 7