• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Dodge Sling Shot concept car: WOW!

Steve P.

Jedi Hopeful
I had a chance to see this at the SF Auto Show. Pics are
on the Dodge website. What you can't judge from the pics
is the size. Its TINY....certainly no larger than a
Spridget. The rear end design is stunning, esp for such
a small car. I hope this goes into production.

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
They had this out last year, and made the show circuit rounds. As of last year, they had absolutely no intention of building it...

...My guess is that with the Sky and Solstice out, they are revisting the idea, and waiting to see how Pontiac/Saturn sales go. I can't believe that Dodge would build it, because their demographic wants big cars with big engines. It would be a marketing departure to try to position a smaller, nimble vehicle in their lineup.

By the way, it's good to see that I can still add a few cars to my collection, and still have a wife /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

i would take one...
detroit2004pic39.jpg

mark

Tullamore

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I think those roll bars ruin the look of new roadsters, I wish the MINI conv. didn't have any roll bars.

theinferno

i like it! but i dont like some of the other concepts chrysler has come out with, and i like mopar alot. recently another concept from chrysler has caught my eye... the jeep compass. its supposed to be able to keep up with wrc homologation cars like the wrx sti, and it could possibly compete in that seiries! i hope jeep builds it, boy do i like the cars built for wrc! affordable horsepower, practicality, and handling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

G

[ QUOTE ]
boy do i like the cars built for wrc! affordable horsepower, practicality, and handling!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you know why I love my new Legacy. Not that Subaru races the legacy in WRC but the car is sort of a WRX grown up. Same drivetrain as the WRX/STi (250hp tune), fantastic handling, at a great price. Plus it has quite a bit more refinement and luxury than the WRX.

JFC

Jedi Hopeful
Doesn't do a whole lot for me, at least from what I can see of the photo Mark posted.

theinferno

hey dotanukie, do you think that is the reason i can never find a good used subie? i seriously am looking for one to replace my tired old buick, and i might have enough money by the end of winter. maybe they are just so good that the owners dont want to give them up.

G

That certainly seems like a possibility. The Legacy is my first Subaru and I am very impressed with it, so I can see why people might want to hang onto them. Most of the guys on my Legacy forum have owned several Subarus, with many hanging onto their older ones even after they bought a new one. Also, you have to understand that compared to Toyota, Ford, or GM Subaru is a very small company with substantially less cars built per year. The current Legacy has been out here in the US for well over a year now and I can probably count on both hands how many I've actually seen on the road since getting mine. The Outbacks, Foresters, and WRX/STi's are a bit better sellers, but you still see far less of those than say a Ford Taurus or Toyota Camry. It's also a regional thing from what I understand, supposedly Subies are crawling all over the place in Alaska and other areas with severe winter weather due to their great AWD systems and good snow and ice performance. Plus they get much better gas mileage than say a big SUV, and they're infinitely more fun to drive.

Be careful with buying a used WRX or STi though. Although they are fantastic cars they're sort of like Mustangs, sometimes hard to find ones that haven't been monkeyed with, hacked up, modified, or otherwise beat on. There's a kid not to far from me that has a brand new STi and he has more crap on that car than I can count. Gauges on the A-pillar, Sparko racing seats, aftermarket wheels, ground effects body kit, you name it. Plus I see him hammering the poor thing all over town. I'd hate to be the poor guy who bought that car from him. Also I'd love to know where a kid in college comes up with over 30 grand for a new STi, must be nice.

If you're interested in an Impreza/WRX/STi head over to NASIOC, it's pretty much the center of the universe for those folks. I think they have a classified section and some good tips on what to look for with these cars.

North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club