• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Care package for the TR2 arrived today!!!!

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
A HUGE thanks to Tinman58 (Dan and Terry) and apos (Paul) for the box of goodies to help the Super-low-buck TR2 project along.
In the box was brake hoses, a wheel cylinder, a clutch slave and hose, a speedometer for parts,a pair of windtone horns, a brand new, aftermarket, capillary type temp gauge, some brand new brackets, and to top it all off, an original TR2 nose badge with excellent chrome, and only a little enamel missing!!!!
Thank you thank you thank you!!! Work will be commencing very soon, if the rain ever holds off long enough.
I tried to take a pic, but it came out dark. I'll try again tomorrow with some daylight.

Thanks Ben.
Dan and I talked about repairing the enamel with JB weld and nail polish. Keep us updated with pics.
Paul

The Body shop instructor says he as a good method for fixing that. I am perfectly happy to run it as-is. It looks great!
I was able to salvage one good fiber gear out of that Speedometer.(speedo needs two) one was completely missing!!! Halfway there. and advance is a good move.

Ben I have the tacho. It is rough like the speedo, do you know if any of the gears in it will work?
Paul

Nope. the gears I need in the speedo drive the odometer and tripometer numbers. the tac doesn't have them.
The gears are pressed to the end of a small axle in the chassis of the speedo mechanism. what happens is that after sitting for years the grease in the axle sets up and turns to a sticky glue. then the first time you spin the speedo cable the gear on the speedo drive tries to turn those fiber gears, which are stuck fast, and the drive gear grinds about 3 teeth off of those fiber gears. end of odometer.
I would recommend disconnecting the speedo cable on any long dormant TR before you try to move it until you can pop the assembly apart and free up those gears. I've seen this several times.

Good to know as I purchased a replacement set in very good condition and thought it would be just fine as is.
Paul

Banjo
Hey we just got back from Yosemite and am glad that you got the box. That TR2 badge has been with me for almost 25 years. Terry thought that it would be look better on your TR2 than in a box on the shelf, (she just wants me to get rid of stuff) We are happy that we can help. I will be on the look out for more items..........

Hey Ben,
I thought you knew too... Swing by the shop and we can rummage through what we may have laying around. Have a lot of gauges and clusters. May have other stuff too!

Thanks again Dan. It was a shot in the arm to get moving on the project when all those goodies arrived. My garage is a disaster. I've got mowers, and tillers, and snowblowers all over the place. and I still haven't found homes for all the equipment I brought home from the shop when I changed jobs. It's going to take a good weekend of cleanup to get it in order enough to do any work.
Ksis,I gotta stop by anyway and say hi to you guys. I keep meaning to and keep getting sidetracked. 10 hour days don't leave me with a whole lot of free time, and what I have right now is being spent trying to catch up on the project list around here.