• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Shark Tunes!

Bret

Yoda
George Strait never sounded so good! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif

Well I finally finished the install on new stereo for my Porsche 928. For what I wanted to do I had to call in some experts for the door speaker boxes & mounting of their amps. Everything I tried to do look like a hack job and the speakers where just too deap for the dinky door wells, so I had the guys at the stereo shop fab me up a set that I think look pretty cool. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Heres all of what I got:
Alpine CDA-9885 head unit. Actually it's more of a multi media sound system because besides satilite (XM in my case) it directly connect to Ipods and besides regular CDs it can play MP3/WMA/AAC CDs. With the Ipod it'll show the play lists and the hook up is in the glove box along with an Aux 3.6mm cable connection.

alpine2.jpg

Speakers & Amps are Power Base and sound sweet. As you can see the speakers required some wizardtry on the part of my friends at San Diego Stereo here in Poway. Great work but boy did they complain alot. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Front speakers
alpine4.jpg
alpine6.jpg

Rear speakers
alpine7.jpg
alpine8_copy1.jpg

I also treated myself and installed a Hirschmann automatic retractible antenna I got on ebay, that only extends when I'm in AM/FM mode. Otherwise it retracts when in Satalite mode, CD, Ipod or aux imputs are in use. This is really cool. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

Anyway the only thing missing or left to do is put in a bass. But honistly is sounds great to me just as it is. So unless I become a fan of rap I just don't think I need it. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Looks good Bret....Nothing like a nice sound system to make a great car that much better. I am working on my own little setup for the TR6. Our Sonoma has a fancy deck like that that'll play all that stuf...I've never used it, but my son has.....now he wants to get some bigger speakers in it /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Yup a really great GT needs a good sound system. Wasn’t looking to install something that’d rattle someone’s fillings out'a their teeth, but I wanted something really nice to compliment the comfortable interior.

But I’d never install something like this in my MGB as the road noise (top up or down) would detract from the sound quality. Similarly a high quality sound system would detract from the open top Roadster experience. That’s why I only have a “basic” sound system in the MG, head tuner with in dash CD player and a couple of nice speakers in the doors.