• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Restomod

Raymond

Jedi Hopeful
HI

Im wondering has anyone restomodded an MGB
with completely replaced suspension and drivetrain?

just wondering and would love to see any pictures of this type of conversion

ray

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
OP
Raymond

Raymond

Jedi Hopeful
im thinking totally swapped out parts

the fast cars stuff an modern rear suspension to handle the added power with a modern fuel injected motor and a five or six speed gearbox
would do the trick

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
WOW that's one heck of a suspension.

bcliff

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Just finishing up a V6, 5 speed conversion. No suspension changes as there is virtually no weight change.
It goes.

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
Grassroots Motorsports magazine has this series on slapping a Miata drivetrain in a 73 B, very interesting.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I have one that's totally restomoded - completely different front suspension (Hawkes Engineering in the UK), rear end tricked out w/disc brakes, panhard bar, anti-tramp bars, 1-piece composite springs....V8, 5-speed, custom bodywork...etc, etc. etc.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Shouldn't you be packing? /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Its 1330 (1:30pm) Wednesday here in Deutschland (6:30am CDT at home)...can't drop off luggage until 4 hours before flight....leave hotel at 6am tomorrow morning to get to airport.....lots of time for that....gonna walk down to the local gasthaus this evening for our last good German meal - & beer! Jerri's upstairs going through her luggage now while I sit in lobby catching up on internet.

hawkes3.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Enjoy! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/savewave.gif

vping said:
WOW that's one heck of a suspension.

I've driven a couple of MGBs with this suspension....a FANTASTIC experience....of course, they also had V8s (one a Buick 300, the other a crate engine Ford 302), both with T5's.