• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Marcos TSO-GT2

Don Lattimer

Jedi Hopeful
Very nice !! Maybe coming to Canada soon!
bottom-image-home.jpg

Info at: Marcos Engineering

Don
1971 Marcos 3 Litre
1973 Morris Van
1999 Isuzu Vehicross

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
Very nice. Much more attractive than anything coming from TVR lately. What is this about Canada? (not that I could afford one)

pmenhusen

Jedi Trainee
Once a car is certified by the government for sale in Great Britian, can it be marketed throughout the Commonwealth and the EU, or does it have to undergo emissions & crash testing in each country?

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
Not throughout the Commonwealth for sure. Canada's selection of cars and regulations is similar to the US. Our bumper regs are a bit more strict (we don't get the Mitsu Evo for this reason). We get a few things the US doesn't (Toyota Echo hatch, Nissan X-Trail, Smart, etc) but miss out on others (Evo, Elise, MR2 Spyder, etc).

TXCoyote

Jedi Hopeful
Sweet! Will one be available in the US anytime?

bugimike

Yoda
I just ran into an older Marcos the other day. Very sad! What reminded me was the question re. a convertible. Someone had literally just brutally chopped the hard-top off in a vain attempt to create a convertible. Totally trashed a really viable restoration project. Go figger!!

OP
Don Lattimer

Don Lattimer

Jedi Hopeful
That is a shame. There are only 70 or so Marcos in North America and to lose one like that isn't cool. A non-running 1969 Marcos sold on Ebay last week for $12100 ! Guess mine is worth more than I thought. Hayes Harris at Wirewheel might be interested. Give him a call.

The owner of Marcos (Tony Stelliga) lives in Palo Alto, CA and he assures me that the new Marcos will eventually (?) be here in the States. Here's hoping.

Don
1971 Marcos 3 Litre
1973 Morris Van
1999 Isuzu Vehicross