• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Marcos Returns to U.S.?

MGA Steve

Jedi Warrior
Has anyone else seen this article on the Hemmings Web site?

Exotic Cars
Marcos Plots its U.S. Return

It has been more than 30 years since Marcos cars were sold in the U.S., but they are planning a return to our soil.
Marcos Engineering Ltd., based in Kenilworth, Warwickshire, has appointed American Frank Boulton as the general manager of Marcos America.
Marcos Engineering Ltd. reports the following: “Frank is taking his vast years of experience in the specialty automotive industry and is developing a sales network for Marcos America. He is establishing strategically located dealers, an organized marketing and advertising plan for a Marcos that is intended to offer street-legal vehicles in all 50 states.”
Visit www.marcos-eng.com for more information.
- By Mark J. McCourt

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Mike_Sullivan

Freshman Member
It is a beautiful car. I just purchased a low mileage (10K) 86 Marcos Mantula with the 215CI V8 FI. The car is in great condition but hasn't run in 10 years something wrong with the FI system. Well time to get to work...

Don Lattimer

Jedi Hopeful
Yep, I think Boulton had/has the Ginetta import deal in Georgia? More info on the Marcos Engineering website.

New USA Marcos headquarters is in Mountain View, CA (San Francisco). Tony Stelliga (owner of Marcos) resides in Palo Alto, CA when he's on this side of the pond.

Mike, contact me, I run the North American Marcos Registry and the Marcos Maniacs message board. Pix of my Marcos (1971) are in "Readers's Rides" section.

Don
1971 Marcos V6
1966 Volvo 122
1999 Isuzu Vehicross

OP
MGA Steve

MGA Steve

Jedi Warrior
[ QUOTE ]
It is a beautiful car. I just purchased a low mileage (10K) 86 Marcos Mantula with the 215CI V8 FI. The car is in great condition but hasn't run in 10 years something wrong with the FI system.

[/ QUOTE ] Sounds like same FI engine as the '81 TR8. Mine is an '80 and still has the dual Z-S carbs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Always thought Marcos were sharp cars. Like to see them in the US again.

Bruce