• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How is everyone

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
I have been away from this place for a long time. Life has been rough for me the last 4 years and before that I was back in college. I still have my yellow 71 that I took to lake of the ozarks in 2008 and Elkhart lake in 2011. My life has changed such that I am going to have a lot of time to work on my 77 that's got a bug eye front end to go on it. Got it from Coastalman.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
great to hear from you and both sad to hear of the past four years and very much hoping and praying that things are finally moving back in the right direction. A lot of the regulars are still around - just older :rolleyes2: - glad to have you back!

Country flag
Hi Kim,
I still check in here from time to time. I see many people in/out/back of the spridget hobby as life tosses them about. Good to have you back and I'm interested to see what you might do with the '77.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
A lot of the regulars are still around - just older :rolleyes2: - glad to have you back!
I resemble that remark!

Kim - sorry to hear of your challenges, but good to hear from you. I'm Spriteless these days (just sold my Bugeye project) but do have a Morris Minor that keeps me in the Sprite-ish realm.

OP
regularman

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
Hi Kim,
I still check in here from time to time. I see many people in/out/back of the spridget hobby as life tosses them about. Good to have you back and I'm interested to see what you might do with the '77.
Hey Trevor, I sure hope you are well. I remember the ugly bug. My life took one heck of a turn. My wife got early onset alzheimers and I was her 100% care giver all the time until putting her in assisted living the 1st of this month. I had to let projects set. Now I find myself with time. The 77 ,I had taken the front end off and did all bodywork to the main body. I got the bug eye front and did a lot of metal patch work and even devised a set of rigid conduit pipes bent to fit with a neu welded on the end to align the bonnet and get and keep it squared. It still needs a ton of bodywork on it. Also I needed to get a radiator fitted so it would fit under that bonnet. When i laid it on there it was hitting. I remember talking to the guy. I dont recall his name but he sold front tilt kits. Still getting things together. Drove my yellow one about 100 miles the other day. It's got the datsun 5 speed and the .
3.454:1 rear gear. I forgot how tall geared that is. I might swap riffs between the two. The 77 has the 1500 and the spit 4 speed in it.

Country flag
I still have the Ugly Bug, but I did paint it. I also have a 62 Sprite that I'm tinkering with. Sorry to hear about your wife. Be sure you take care of yourself and get caught up on any health issues that you may have deferred while caring for her.
Several years ago I built a 75 midget, but I swapped in a 1275 and ribcase when I removed the bumpers. The car has traded hands a few times since I sold it. The latest owner tracked me down with questions about the modifications, but after a flurry of excitement I suspect the car is languishing again.
This may be of interest (but this was on a 1275 box sprite): > VW Rabbit radiator — Creative Spridgets <

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Very sorry to hear about your wife, Kim. I can't imagine.