• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Healey Club Grille Badges & Badge Mounting

SpriteGuy

I collect Healey Club Grille Badges from around the world. I am always looking at adding to this collection. If you have a Healey Club grille badge for sale, or your club has one, or you know where I can get one, please let me know.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Re: Healey Club Grille Badges

The Austin-Healey Club USA, as a direct descendent of the original, factory-sponsored Austin-Healey Club, uses that original club crest. Therefore the car badges we sell will not be very different from those you may have already obtained from other sources. Take a look at the webpage describing the crest for more informaion on it than you have likely seen anywhere else: Austin-Healey Club Crest.

If you would like to buy our club crest car badge, contact Jerry Wall, our "Regalia Czar," at jerryw@healey.org They are available for $19, postage paid in the USA. Good luck.

OP
S

SpriteGuy

Hi Reid:

Thanks for the info. I have AHCUSA's badge in the collection. Should probably do an article of my badge collect for the magazine.

Bob Segui

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag

I found this site...bought a couple...they are very well made...type "badges" in search field...and you'll find 4 pages of them... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Grille Badges

OP
S

SpriteGuy

Henri:

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to focus the collection only on Healey Club Grille Badges from the clubs from around the world.

Bob

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Bob...I tried the same thing...they are hard to find...I found one in Switzerland (I think or Italy...not sure any more it was awhile ago)...and I didn't buy the darn thing...now I can't find it again...did various searches on Google and did not come up with many...good luck... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

OP
S

SpriteGuy

FYI

The Austin Healey Association of Southern California and the Austin Healey Club of San Diego both have recently come out with a grille badge with their club logo on it. Contact each club directly for additonal info. Bob

Country flag

I've been looking for the Healey-Lake Tahoe badges myself and they are not easy to find. I have only two of the four or more that are out there.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif Here is a thought being as badges are being discussed. Why do so called grill badges have the bar mount on them, who is going to put that cumbersome thing on the grill? One of the few true grill badges I have is the old AHC-of-America badge, and what did they do when it was redesigned ? Yep, hang the bar mount on to it. I simply mention this because a true grill badge with single or double mounting studs can be adapted to the bar mounting with available hardware.However, going the other way is cumbersome to me._FWIW---Keoke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Dave Russell

Yoda - R.I.P
Gold

The "badges" are needed to block off the excess cooling air into the radiator. It's hard to get them to run at the normal 210 without the badges.
D

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif BASIL !---Keoke- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Country flag

Dave, do I detect sarcasm? My badges keep the bugs out of the radatior. It seems strange that the guys who display these badges won't put on a front licence plate which could help get their stolen car back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

rulle7

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Time for a British Car Forum grill badge, me thinks...Basil?

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif TH I don't think not having a front license plate is so strange. Consider, if the camera catches you with out it its a $ 210 fine.Contrastingly, if your car is stolen and not recovered because the front plate is missing,you collect agreed to value for the car.Seems like economics to me.-Keoke- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Dave Russell

Yoda - R.I.P
Gold

[ QUOTE ]
Dave, do I detect sarcasm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe - Maybe it is a form of "badge engineering"? Seems like the factory did a pretty good job of cluttering things up as the years progressed. DMH could have put all that junk on to start with.
D

Johnny

Darth Vader
Country flag

I have several grille badges, but am reluctant to drill holes in the grille to mount them. I suspect that's the main reason people prefer to place them on a bar. I have seen lights mounted on the bar that do look very nice, with a couple of badges between them. For awhile members of the AHCA hosting a conclave specifically had badges made up for selling to members attending. I have a couple of these. One is a commemorative 100 year anniversary (1998), the other a Conclave 1999 "meet me in St louis" badge. Do you have either of those? Click on the word "attachment" above to view a photo of the St Louis badge. We still may have some of those available if your interested.

Attachments

• 78650-conclavelogo.jpg
    78650-conclavelogo.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 127

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan

[ QUOTE ]
I have several grille badges, but am reluctant to drill holes in the grille to mount them. badge.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is easy to mount badges on the grill without drilling holes. Some badges even came with the two bars for doing so. Use some 1/4 inch square brass stock (possibly even 3/16) available from hobby shops or elsewhere. Cut 2 lengths about 1 1/2 inch long. Drill and tap in the center and use as a "nut" so to speak. Slip bars through grill, turn 90 degrees and tighten.

Bruce

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Thanks Bruce, for clarifying the installation method-Keoke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Bruce, for clarifying the installation method-Keoke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but I don't get your sarcasm. If not clear enough are you seriously interested in a better explanation or simply you do not like my current one which I did not think was that complicated? Maybe it is?

Bruce

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag

"I have several grille badges, but am reluctant to drill holes in the grille to mount them. I suspect that's the main reason people prefer to place them on a bar."

There's another way of doing it--drill holes in the badges and simply back up the screws with washers to bridge the space between the grill elements. I have three installed that way (only one installed at time of below photo)