• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

omg we made a mistake .

soren_ak

Jedi Hopeful
so the first of the BT´7´s are at the painter - and i just phoned him and asked him to get samples of different kind of white and red - ( as im gonna do the one in same colour as it was born) - now theres so many different colours of white with red sides and red intereieur - does anyone have any clues of what samples of white and what samples of red i should get home to test ?

<span style="font-weight: bold">the mistake </span>- my mechanic ½ hour ago called me and said that we´ve been doing the other BT´7 (yeah know that your gonna laugh now but they were booth wrecks and we just started on the closest one) rdy for painter (the one that was born black wiht red intereieur and the one that im not gonna redo in black again) -
my thoughts have been going towards British racing green wiht white sides - like this https://www.austinhealey.dk/images/gallery/big_csg_23293_1.jpg

or pasific green like this https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcforum/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/76

or florida like this https://www.simplyclassicsau.com/vehicles...y.html?SkipTo=2

i guess that i can never find a carpet greenish like this https://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/shibapics/DSC_0010.jpg
https://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/shibapics/DSC_0009.jpg

- now does anyone know what the eksact colour code is because it seems to me that there are several to choose from when im looking at this https://www.coloramic.com/articles/hlyclrs.htm
- british racing green have to codes ? or could it possible be just Dark green ??
and what white ( for the sides ) could i use ?

i still havent found any danish cars thats been painted in Florida or pacific green - so i guess that i have to get samples home to see for my self - then the question is regarding the white sides ? - old english have 2 choises ??? why is that ?? or could one use glacier white ??

im so lost. :wall:

If they can't get the actual color code for the original white (WT3), I'd suggest looking at a Ford color called Winbledon White. It pretty close - a creamy white. Can't help on the red.

Soren,
I used a dark BRG that was listed in a posting two years ago.
The codes are: PPG code GN29
Dupont 8194 or 9267

The paint came out just a bit light, but darkened to a proper BRG within two months. It looks great
Charlie

Soren,

I'm concerned about all of the self-imposed stress that you are going through related to the colors to paint your Healeys. You seem to have two Healeys, so I have two questions:

What's your favorite car color?

What's your second-favorite car color?

LOL thats about right Reid - thats how it should be done - only i wanna keep atleast one of the cars ( since we are taking them 100% appart and redioing all thats need to be redone with it including motor and wireing and all else etc) in its original colours. THE OTHER CAR......... well thats the one that i feel like doing in either BRG / pasific / florida - with wihte sides. - and i cant seem to find colors that people agree on is the same - some says ; hey this is pasific green, and the other person says that its forida green. damm.

on top of that i would like the color to be in the right timeline for my healey ( but that means that BRG is out of the question since my car is a BT7 from 1960 and people tels me that that color wasent an option at that time, for my car that means) -witch leaves me wiht florida green or pasific green witch most people cant seperate from each other , prehaps because most peoples computer screen is set up different from newyork to russia ? - and that makes me come even more in doubt since i really really like that BRG.

According to Dave Schaid, the owner of Jaguars Unlimited, there are at least 5 versions of BRG, ranging from a lighter "Kelly" green to a darker, almost blackish version. He also told me the "history" of BRG. Interesting story. There was a recent previous post here about how to tell Florida green from Pacific Green. Try looking it up. It may be helpful.

Either Duncan at Heritage or Dave Gallager (604 980 1380) at Phoenix Upholstery can probably supply you with that color.

Soren,

Yes I have bought three complete interiors from them. They are www.heritagetrim.com Very good quality and service. On the higher end price wise but a great product.

The color you are looking for is in wool and either moss green or dark green.

best of luck.

Steve

Something is up with the Heritage web site. I can't get onto it, something about waiting to be removed or renewed.

www.phoenixupholstery.ca is the website for Dave. He did the interiors for Heritage for many years, and I have been very happy with the quality of everything I have bought from him. Give him a call and ask him about the green shade you are looking for.

Looks like they haven't paid the bill. Probably will be back up within the week.

yep - carpets must be slow.