• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Oh great - now I have a 4x4 TR6

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
TR3driver said:
Mickey Richaud said:
Basil has a policy here that we refrain from bashing vendors.
Perhaps a clarification, Mickey? To me, saying "I bought this part from xxx and it did not meet my expectations because of yyy" is not "vendor bashing". Something like "ZZZ sells junk" is.

Do you disagree? Do we just have to never say we were unhappy?
Personally, I'd like to see that all possible avenues have been explored before someone raises such an issue in a very public forum. It's one thing to just state that "ACME flanges stink"; it's quite another to hear that a: ACME flanges do not fit; b: I have spent x hours with ACME explaining why they don't fit; c: ACME ignores my pleas for help / reimbursement / replacement; and/or d: who will pay the medical bills for Wile E. Coyote when the next ACME items fails due to negligence? :wink:

OP
T

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
Hi guys - I think the spirit of the forum and how we all like to work together is an important thing to honor. I apologize if my frustration came across the the wrong way.

I also think information sharing is important and we need to be able to make sure others are aware of parts issues. After doing a lot of other searches and talking to other people that have used the same part there is an issue here that should be better disclosed. This isn't a one time thing, and removing and refitting the complete front suspension isn't a small amount of time.

TRF has provided me lots of good other parts, I've recently ordered from them, and I'll be talking to them today. How about if we just leave the thread at that so anyone thinking about doing this has some idea of how the part will actually work on the car?

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Mickey Richaud said:
And the point made in the thread
Thanks, Mickey, I got it.

I understand you are trying to honor Basil's wishes; so am I. Didn't mean to sound negative about it.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
No worries at all. It IS a ticklish situation, and we've all been bitten at one time or another, so we can all empathize.

Thanks to all for your understanding!

Mickey

NickMorgan

Jedi Knight
I think there was some mention of some springs earlier in this post!
Back in 1986 I went through the same pain. Turned out that the uprated springs that were available for the TR4A in those days didn't require the spacer. When I took it out the car sat at the perfect height.
I also fitted uprated rear springs at the same time and that was a different story!

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
tdskip I think I still have the four original springs that came off my 25000 mile car 6 years ago in the shed. I put the uprated springs from _ _ _ on during the restoration and all was great.They will settle some. The car sat fine with the original springs, I just did not like the squat when you took off. They are yours if you want them just take care of postage. I know the front springs take a bit of time to change.

pware

When you guys say you purchased a product from the big three, do you mean GM, Chrysler and Ford? I'm new to the british car world so I dont't totaly understand the lingo sometimes. Sorry for my lack of british vocabulary. If you are meaning GM, Chrysler and Ford, how do you know what parts will fit?

OP
T

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
pware said:
When you guys say you purchased a product from the big three, do you mean GM, Chrysler and Ford?

Hi there - generally when someone says thet they are referring to (in no particular order) Moss Motors, Victoria British and The Roadster Factory.

OP
T

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
mallard said:
tdskip I think I still have the four original springs that came off my 25000 mile car 6 years ago in the shed. I put the uprated springs from _ _ _ on during the restoration and all was great.They will settle some. The car sat fine with the original springs, I just did not like the squat when you took off. They are yours if you want them just take care of postage. I know the front springs take a bit of time to change.

Keith - that is <span style="text-decoration: underline">very</span> generious of you, and I really appreciate the offer. I actually ordered a set of front and rear springs from Goodparts today. I'm tired of messing around with it so just sucked it up and popped for what everyone seems to recommend.

pware

Thank tdskip. Now I know. I feel kinda dumb for referanceing brit cars to US manufactuers! but I'm learning! Thanks again.