• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a FREE resource for the Little British Car community. I just did a little math and found that less than 1% of the registered members appreciate this forum enough to support us with an account upgrade. We do not "require" you to pay to play here, but if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and want to ensure we stay online - Consider supporting us with an "optional" low-cost member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Not Higher anymore

Paul Slice

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I had posted earlier about the excess height of my 71 TR6s front end after replacing the springs. When restoring the front suspension the stock springs had been replaced with the TRF Uprated stock height ones. The 6 sat up like a 4x4 in the front while the rear was at a more reasonable height.

Last weekend I installed front Goodparts lower uprated springs and the change in height is drastic. These new springs make the car sit perfect with just enough room to prevent tire scrub.
The car handles much better in the turns but the ride is a little rougher, not enough to not be worth it.

I only purchased the fronts but now the rear is slightly to high ..........

Paul

TRF springs, way up there
tr6springs1.jpg

Goodparts springs
tr6springs3.jpg

much better
tr6springs2.jpg

what color blue is your tr6? a real beauty, makes me hurt to see my bare frame sitting out in the weather.

I remember the earlier thread when I mentioned that your car was a candidate for the cover of 4X4 magazine. Well, that's a dramatic improvement on ride height. That looks really good in the front. Now, do the rears, you'll be happy you did.

I used goodpart springs in both front and back. Very happy. I also used his adjustable brackets in the rear. The wheel alignment place was very happy when I took it to them for a 4 wheel alignment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

yes, i've converted over to the GP springs all around as well as the adj trailing arm brackets.

Paul, what size wheels are you running?

It looks great, but I agree with matrx-5, I'd want the rear dropped now that you are so close. Besides, the back is easy. And do get it aligned all around when you are done - definately worth it.