• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a FREE resource for the Little British Car community. I just did a little math and found that less than 1% of the registered members appreciate this forum enough to support us with an account upgrade. We do not "require" you to pay to play here, but if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and want to ensure we stay online - Consider supporting us with an "optional" low-cost member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My/ my dad's Race car

JohnnyB1275

My dad and I bought it back in early summer, it was in ok condition, some rust spots but nothing too bad. it had the stock SU's with ram stacks on them, supposedly a hot cam, oil cooler, rollbar, 5point harness, luisi steering wheel, no windsheild, diamondplate gas pedal(a little bling bling) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif , battery put in the back, panard bar, tube suspension conversion, front springs upgraded, minilight knockoff wheels, yokohama tires.
I've put in a new seat, modified the rollbar, polished and ported the head, put roller rockers on, put mgb carbs with k&n's on. soon i'm putting in a fuel cell, another seat with a harness, camera mount.
Here are some pics:
DSCN0252.jpg

DSCN0255.jpg

Nice.
That would make a great litle Time Trials car. Our club (EMRA) usually runs Time Trials at Lime Rock in the early Spring. Check out our schedule at our website (2005 should be posted in a few weeks). We also run Time Trials at Pocono and a several other places that aren't too far from Conn.

EMRA:
https://www.emraracing.org/

p.s.-you may want to reduce the size of your pictures since they are slightly larger than is permitted here at BCF....it's easy to reduce them using "edit" function in Photobucket.

[ QUOTE ]

p.s.-you may want to reduce the size of your pictures since they are slightly larger than is permitted here at BCF....it's easy to reduce them using "edit" function in Photobucket.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I didn't know there was a limit, i'll try to change them, but what is the max res for pics?

It runs pretty strong, has lots of power up on the high rpms, it's a little squirelly on really sharp turns, it usually spins out, it prolly just trailing throttle oversteer but it might be some suspension /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sorry, I didn't know there was a limit, i'll try to change them, but what is the max res for pics?

It's not really resolution...it total picture KB. In the "FAQS" section, Basil suggests 35 KB max, but it's also good to try to make sure that your pictures don't force some of us with smaller monitors to scroll left to right. Right now your pixel image width (1024) places part of the image off-screen on my 15" monitor.

Try editing down to 75% on the Photobucket site and that should be OK (check out your post after you edit it, but don't forget to hit the refresh button or you'll see the old cached image).

you can also just open up the images in paint before you uploade them and use the strech command with a number between 1-100. Eg - 50 for both vertical and horizontal will shrink the image 50 percent.

I fixed it now. By the way, the car under the tarp is the one i'm working on now, its a 74 midget. I'm planning to put in a rotary 13b, possibly a turbo too, also i would like to do some custom body work.

Nice car. Sounds like it came with a lot of extras to get you started.

What was the throttle diameter on the MGB carbs you put on and what type of intake manifold did you use?

I'm trying to upgrade the performance of my 66 Midget. It's got a 1275cc.

Thanks

I want to upgrade the

They are 1.75", i'm not sure on what type of manifold, they needed custom spacers on the headbolts to mount though, i'll take some pictures for you soon.