• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Miss Agatha is winterized.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Installed the wind wings for the colder winter air. LOL

Jack,

Times are tough down there for you. Bugsy is stuck in the garage now awaiting time for me to change out what I diagnose as wobbly wheel bearings. After a spirited ride where he exhibited some undesireable handling characteristics that I consider unsafe, he's in the garage until I get time to fix him. Holidays and upcoming basement remodel project might even push him outside until January as some furniture might need to move into garage temporarily. Got to figure out a tarp/cover cockpit support as new zip out top never got installed yet and too cold to do it now. He's unhappy sitting in the garage. Wants to get out and go even if it is only 40 degrees or so in Dayton today.

Jack, you didn't also install the tonneau & unzip only your seat?

I hear ya Jack! It was a little chilly this morning over here in Panama City. I miss my family, but not the Dayton weather. :smile: Sorry Jim!

as soon as I read the post I was thinking "why in the world would someone who lives down south winterize/store their car?" very funny Jack ! I have 3" of sloppy snow in the driveway with more snow forcasted this weekend :-(

Hey 60 and rain in Dayton today. We'll take it while we can. Like I said I'm now a victim of wobbly wheel syndrome and I just need time to fix Bugsy. Doesn't feel safe to drive right now. Oh well, time will come over the winter along with the 16 or other projects for Bugsy posted on my things to do Job Board in the garage.

A note for all of you to help get organized. A 3 x 4 or so Dry Erase Board at WalMArt / K-Mart hung up in the garage makes it easy to post a to do list you see every day. Small jobs that seem to be forgotten about can be crossed of the list whenever you get that 30 minutes of goof off/tinkering time in the garage. My list now includes small jobs like Tightening the windshield bolts, looking at tuen signals that quit working(a potentially big job but I think I know what is wrong behind the radio console). Redoing some wiring harness work, parts that I need to order etc.

The Daily Reminder when I walk in and out of the garage helps to keep me focused and keeps the ever ongoing restoration project moving forward.

Nice to hear that some people have good weather Jack. Maybe some "all season" tires, to help with the slightly more wet forecast?
As for snow... I'm glad we rarely get it here, just dark. We're a full 11 degrees above Ontario.

Jim,
The bullitin board in the garage is a great idea. I would suggest not letting a wife know where you hide the markers or that board could be continually filled with projects you had no idea needed finished.
Rik

Hey the way our schedules go that sometimes is the only way we can remember to communicate. IT is satisfying to be able to mark off and erase a project.