• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Memorial Information Added | Kent Lambert, RIP

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
One of the best of us passed away Tuesday. Kent Lambert of Hood River, Oregon, collapsed at home, apparently passing away quickly. He was in his mid-80s.

Kent and I were "co-conspirators" in Healey projects and in fact we had just done a 100-mile shakedown run on our RHD BN2 last week. The fuel pump had cut out during one phase of the trip, and Kent was apparently working on it at the time of his death. It was dismantled and spread out on his workbench. I spent many two- and three-day visits at his farmhouse south of town when we would work on Healeys and watch reruns of Gunsmoke in the evenings.

The RHD BN2 was just the last of our several joint projects, and you could not have a better partner in the hobby. Kent had voluminous knowledge of the cars and originality and was a virtual walking concours guidelines. He also had a large stock of NOS and some used Healey parts, and he was a bit of a best-kept secret as a source for parts. He never advertised and sold parts more as a service to the community than as a business.

Kent owned eight Healeys: a 100M, a 100 with the Le Mans Kit, a plain BN2, no less than three BN7 tri-carbs, and two BJ8s. All but one of the BJ8s were Concours Gold, and the one that wasn't was an unrestored car.

Kent was just putting the finishing touches on one of those two-seat tri-carbs and we had planned to drive it and the RHD BN2 to the Vancouver (BC) All British Field Meet and the Healey Rendezvous in Sooke, BC next month, where they were scheduled for concours judging. Both were easily Gold-level cars.

I've lost a very dear friend, and the community has lost one of the best of us.

MEMORIAL INFORMATION ADDED 4/15:

Brad Lambert, one of Kent's sons, has asked me to announce the details of the memorial for Kent:

Sunday, May 5.
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
At the Mt. Hood Winery,
2882 Van Horn Drive, Hood River OR 97031.
Please drive Healeys if possible.

https://www.andersonstributecenter.com/memorials/kent-lambert/5410683/index.php

Please spread the word to anyone who may be interested.

Thank you.

Reid Trummel

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
I also had the pleasure of talking with and buying products from Kent. Sometimes you don't need to meet the person in person to tell they are someone you'd like to hang out with. RIP Kent.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Losing a "big name" in any given field is sad.

Losing a close friend is tragic.

Reid - that's a wonderful eulogy you gave in post #1. And we're certainly sorry for your personal loss.

Tom M.

HealeyPassion

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Really sorry to hear this. I was always impressed with him. A loss to the community.

Steve

Racehealey

Freshman Member
Country flag
One of the best of us passed away Tuesday. Kent Lambert of Hood River, Oregon, collapsed at home, apparently passing away quickly. He was in his mid-80s.

Kent and I were "co-conspirators" in Healey projects and in fact we had just done a 100-mile shakedown run on our RHD BN2 last week. The fuel pump had cut out during one phase of the trip, and Kent was apparently working on it at the time of his death. It was dismantled and spread out on his workbench. I spent many two- and three-day visits at his farmhouse south of town when we would work on Healeys and watch reruns of Gunsmoke in the evenings.

The RHD BN2 was just the last of our several joint projects, and you could not have a better partner in the hobby. Kent had voluminous knowledge of the cars and originality and was a virtual walking concours guidelines. He also had a large stock of NOS and some used Healey parts, and he was a bit of a best-kept secret as a source for parts. He never advertised and sold parts more as a service to the community than as a business.

Kent owned eight Healeys: a 100M, a 100 with the Le Mans Kit, a plain BN2, no less than three BN7 tri-carbs, and two BJ8s. All but one of the BJ8s were Concours Gold, and the one that wasn't was an unrestored car.

Kent was just putting the finishing touches on one of those two-seat tri-carbs and we had planned to drive it and the RHD BN2 to the Vancouver (BC) All British Field Meet and the Healey Rendezvous in Sooke, BC next month, where they were scheduled for concours judging. Both were easily Gold-level cars.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I didn't know him, but from the comments I'm seeing it sounds like he was a real asset to t he Healey community. Very sorry to hear of his passing and for you to lose such a good friend, Reid.

Janet Lambert

Freshman Member
Country flag

Kent was my father in law, grandpa to my children. I often got to hear his conversations with all of you sometimes while flying paper airplanes with his grandson and grand daughter. He was a yo yo champion at a young age and knew a variety of tricks which he gladly taught my children of which I was soon the recipient of some practical joke. He told of all kinds of shenanigans in college… but most of all he was our hero!
It’s funny but he didn’t often want just anyone to touch a newly restored car… but my daughter always knew how to soften grandpa’s heart… think many of you may have been a recipient of a Christmas card or two adorning a cute little girl! His cars were his pride and joy but I think that though he had a hard time expressing it at times…his wife Judy, two sons and grandchildren were his true pride and joy. (Now divorced from his son… but still he will always be my second Dad!). If you can do anything… please continue his hard work of just being nice to others and spreading kindness. Forever changed by his presence. You have lost a truly knowledgeable guy in the hobby/sport! He will be truly missed.

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
Country flag

The RHD BN2 was just the last of our several joint projects, and you could not have a better partner in thehobby. Kent had voluminous knowledge of the cars and originality and was a virtual walking concours guidelines. He also had a large stock of NOS and some used Healey parts, and he was a bit of a best-kept secret as a source for parts. He never advertised and sold parts more as a service to the community than as a business.

Kent was just putting the finishing touches on one of those two-seat tri-carbs and we had planned to drive it and the RHD BN2 to the Vancouver (BC) All British Field Meet and the Healey Rendezvous in Sooke, BC next month, where they were scheduled for concours judging. Both were easily Gold-level cars

Reid, sorry to hear this news and I regret that you lost a dear friend. At your recommendation, I bought a few “hard to find” parts from him and found him to be so friendly and easy to work with. RIP.

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I can't say much more than Reid, Kent was just a great guy. Always ready to help someone with their project with advice or that missing part that was needed. I made it a point check in with him yearly at the local all British swap meet to see what his new project was. He had many, and I admired the level of detail he put into everyone of them. RIP Kent