• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 insurance advise for TR6

hondo402000

Darth Vader
I have insurance on my car but they will only give me 8500 worth of coverage and I would like around 25K will someone tell me what insurance company they deal with that has that will give them that dollar of coverage?

American Collector (Cherry Hill, NJ), $27,500 coverage for $210 per year. No deductible, full coverage, full replacement. Need receipts or a professional appraisal. Plus a series of photos. Good people, they are on the web. Give them a call.

Bill

Haggerty Insurance is also very good. And when I had a claim they paid immediately and my rates didn't increase.

I went with Haggerty through my agent. I got a great price that was $250 below what I was paying, the premier towing package for any of my cars and they agreed to pay total value of what I wanted after looking at the pics on my web site of what has been done to the car.

You must have another full time car with full insurance coverage on both collision and comprehensive.

I also use Hagerty. They don't discourage you from driving your car like many of the antique insurance companies do. There are companies that may charge less, but jerrybny's endorsement sounds good to me.
I've used them for several years, and fortunately haven't made any claims.
I've always guessed that they charge roughly $10 per thousand.

Hagerty here too.
No complaints, but only used the towing service once - touch wood no claims. Got a flatbed in under 45 minutes though so that was a plus. Last time I needed one (different co) it took 3 hours!

I was talking to my agent yesterday trying to get a collectors car policy. She said that they need an appraisal and photos. Any suggestions on how to locate someone to do an appraisal on a Triumph that knows what the heck they are looking at?

I insure with Hagerty as well. I have a $30,000 AGREED VALUE policy with them for $230 per year. The "agreed" part is very important. Basically, what it means is that if my car gets totaled (and I'm still standing) they will give me the $30,000 - no questions asked. I'm very happy with their service.

Another vote for Hagerty - and you can do it all directly with Hagerty on-line, even e-mail pics (avoid an assessor) and PDF's of documents. No need to work through an agent which can just add to confusion/time/cost.

Rob.

Same here for Haggerty, $6500 agreed on my 250 with $100/300 & towing is less than $100. And that's in Massachusetts, make it Taxachusetts now that the Dems are in total control!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif

Ok, crap. I called Hagerty and to qualify, the car has to be stored in an enclosed and locked garage when not in use. I live in a historic district and there are no garages. My house was built before the horseless carriage. I keep it at my mom's house, but she has a 3-sided attached carport, but no door that can be secured.

Re: insurance advice for TR6

OK, Haggerty sounds pretty good. But exactly what is there mileage-driven limit? and do you really have to "have another full time car with full insurance coverage on both collision and comprehensive"? That would kill the deal for me. My only other car is a '95 Honda Civic, and the agent I went through to insure the Herald stipulated only that I had to have the same (equivalent) overall liability coverage on the Herald as I do on the Honda.

I get 3000 miles per year on the policy I now have covering the Herald (sorry, don't remember the company, but I got the policy through VTR's vehicle insurance coordinator). I got the policy 1 July 2006 and have tried to be a bit more sparing in my driving of the car than in years past...but I'm within about 300 miles of my mileage limit already! Thankfully, the upstate NY collector car driving season is almost over.

Re: insurance advice for TR6

I could be wrong and I'm not at home to check my policy, but I believe that it's 5,000 miles per year. Isn't that info on line?

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, crap. I called Hagerty and to qualify, the car has to be stored in an enclosed and locked garage when not in use. I live in a historic district and there are no garages. My house was built before the horseless carriage. I keep it at my mom's house, but she has a 3-sided attached carport, but no door that can be secured.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found the same issue wherever I went... everyone insisted on it being garaged.

I finally found a great deal at Aon Insurance. Unlimited miles, can drive it even when it's not a weekend or parade or club event (though I have to have another car as a daily driver), 100,000/300,000 coverage, spare parts coverage, etc... All for about $100 a year!

But going to Aon's web site this morning, they are no longer taking new clients for classic autos! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I JUST booked with them last month, even! Weird.

- Aldwyn

[ QUOTE ]
I found the same issue wherever I went... everyone insisted on it being garaged.

I finally found a great deal at Aon Insurance. Unlimited miles, can drive it even when it's not a weekend or parade or club event (though I have to have another car as a daily driver), 100,000/300,000 coverage, spare parts coverage, etc... All for about $100 a year!

But going to Aon's web site this morning, they are no longer taking new clients for classic autos!

I JUST booked with them last month, even! Weird.

- Aldwyn

[/ QUOTE ]
AON does insist on a locked garage, had to post pix to them. This year, the premium jumped from $100 to $150..... FWIW