• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I'm leaving you, and I'm taking the kids.......

Team_Sprite

Jedi Trainee
I wanted to take a moment and thank all of you for your endless patience and generosity over the sixteen-month odyssey of Team Sprite. This was a life-changing project for several of the girls, and a life affirming experience for all of us.

“Make a stunning car out of twenty-one boxes of parts and a tub? No problem, I built a few hot rods in the early sixties, parts is parts.” Ignorance is bliss (as a blissfully ignorant man once said) and I started the project with an abundance of both. The ignorance slowly (very) diminished, but the bliss never faltered thanks to all of you.
We are about to start on a new endeavor, Team Isetta. We found a rare 1957 cabriolet that has been sitting, dead, in a Wyoming garage since December of 1974. Like the bugeye, it needs everything. Unlike the bugeye, it comes to us assembled. Bailey and Gaurja, from the original team, along with three younger members will make up the new restoration class. This team will meet after school, throughout the summer, and again after school for the following three terms….that’s dedication.
Please, please stop by our new site and say hi, I’ll keep checking in here as well. We'll keep the Team Sprite site up to date, as I'm told more is being written.

Brian
https://www.teamisetta.com/
https://www.teamsprite.com/

Brian, even though we all love our little LBCs, most of us are motorheads that appreciate all knds of cars, I for one will make sure to stop in your site from time to time and check up on your new project.

I think what you are doing is wonderful, in the world now so many young people have way too many distractions, and seldomly get to be a part of a project like you have involved these kids in. I taught at the local tech college in engine rebuilding and dyno testing before, I know as you do there are some young people out there crying out for this type of experience. These projects teach these young folks so many things that they can carry through life with them, the lesson of finsihing what you start alone is worth it's weight in gold. Good work work man, keep it up.

I think you should stay here and keep us up to date. Haps right we love funny little cars and the folks that mess with them.

We got so involved with your previous project, right down to setting on the auction is was like an obsession.

Please, I know it is a spridget fourm, but keep us involved. Your activities give a lift to all our hearts.

And there ~IS~ the "Other Cars" forum, y'know! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Good luck with the BMW, what's the time frame?

"I'm taking a ride with my best friend.
I hope he never let's me down again."

Maybe a few of the people in their 30's will get the Isetta reference.

I wish I could send my daughter to your school. She's 2 now. Maybe your program will catch on and be offered in all schools by the time she is in highscool. Ever considered writing a book?

DrEntropy said:
And there ~IS~ the "Other Cars" forum, y'know! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/iagree.gif What Doc. said, Brian!!!!! We ALL want to follow your progress...you got us hooked! There is nothing I can think of that is more worthwhile than what you are doing for these great kids, if it involves our crazy motorhead addiction, so much the better! Who knows, with this one you might even win a few converts to LGCs as well as LBCs /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif
I am sure as you come up with stumpers, our collective heads here will continue to help in the search for solutions! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grouphug.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif

Brian, it was a joyful experience following you and the girls.Keep on doing this kind of thing.It is well worth the effort. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thankyousign.gif
I'm sure you are thrilled by the way the girls responded.
Do try and let us know how the Sprite team members get along from time to time.

Stuart. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/iagree.gif What Hap said. Brian, what you are doing is truly a wonderful thing. Young people today, more than ever, need something worthy to strive for. A long term project will teach them to set goals and stick with it. Besides, I can't think of much more worthy than restoring a collector car /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif Keep up the good work and please do stick around.

Morris said:
Ever considered writing a book?
I think the point here is that your school has obviously given a wealth of knowledge to some lucky girls out in the "wasteland" of California. That is a wonderful thing in itself, but unfortunately limited to those lucky few, and to a lesser degree those who followed the progress. The project was so inspirational that is should be enjoyed by many more young people. The obvious method is to write a book detailing your methods, with case examples. Hey, you might even make money from it.

Cheers, and good luck with the Isetta.
Donn

Re: I'm leaving you, and I'm taking the kids......

LOL you only think you can leave.....we got ya! and you WILL be back..

mark

You mean it's like the line from "Hotel California" by The Eagles...

Relax, said the night man, we are programmed to receive. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Well said by all....I love the idea of keeping us up to datre in the "other cars" thread. I loved sharing your journey with my own students and find it inspiring! I can't wait to begin the next project....

Oh goodie.

Well, tomorrow will be our first auto restoration class, I've been chomping at the bit to get started, but have managed to restrain myself. In preparation, I spent a few hours this afternoon looking over the car and made a chilling discovery: I may have inadvertently uncovered a terrorist lab where a massive quantity of Hantavirus (mouse poop disease) is being cultivated. Where they (the terrorists) slipped up was in trying to stockpile an amount far in excess of what an entire nation of mice could poop out in the fifty years since the car rolled off the assembly line. I have tried to notify the proper authorities, but they keep hanging up or threatening to arrest me.

Brian
https://www.teamisetta.com/
https://www.teamsprite.com/

Don't be too convincing... they'll confiscate your project, shut down the facility! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

Well guess the first job is a good clean up. Always nice to work with clean bits.

Looks like a great project. Good luck!