• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Conundrum

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
How come every nut and bolt on a Spridget is standard while Front Bleeder Scews are 11 mm and rears are 7 mm? At least they are that size on Bugsy my '68 Sprite..

Guessing they've been replaced. Nothing metric is original on a Spridget as far as I can remember...

Mine were metric in the front and standard in the back. I think it depends on where you bought the bleeder screws. Maybe the ones that seem metric are actually a whit-worth size? I just finished my front end. One of the grease zerks was not metric or standard.

David,

After I wrote that note the name Whitworth came to mind. The bleeder screws are original to the best of my knowledge. I know there is at least one more Whitworth fitting on a Spridget somewhere as I recall but don't know where to find it. 7 mm works on the back of Bugsy and I've got the front soaking as DS wanted me to struggle a bit. Time for the PB Blaster to do its thing.

7/16" = 11.1 mm. Those wrenches are effectively interchangeable.
I just double checked the bleed screws on the calipers I have on my bench and both those wrenches fit with very similar amounts of play.

tell me about it, I ordered ez bleeders and went to put them in today. ya, metric aftermarket c*&p. wasted some money there.