• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Carburator Contentment Ahhh!

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I got the 175CD TR4A Carbs Rebuilt and all hooked up, am pleased with how the car runs, it ran great and the mixture and balance checked out pretty well from my installation settings. Had to monkey with the throttle linkage and the choke, but all seems to be working well now.

Thanks for the tips on aluminum polishing they cleaned up well, should have taken before pictures.

newcarbs.jpg

The carbs polished up well, I wasn't looking for better than new bling, just a good clean look. With some patience I got these carbs for about $45 on E-bay, and had to clean them up and rebuild them of course. I used TR4A filters, they should breath pretty well and the TR250-6 carb box feels like it weighs about 5 pounds.

carblinkage.jpg

I had to flip the little triangular thing in the linkage around and reverse the connections to it to get the throttle (which turn opposite to the stock carbs) to work right, much fitting and re-configuring and trial and error to get it right.

Looks great, nice work!