• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

2001 Camaro vert.

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Local salvage yard pal called me and said a big local car dealer had this car and had sold it and engine seized on new owner the same day. Refunded the money, stored it for a while...then sold it as they were running out of room(thank you cash for clunkers). I went to salvage yard, put jumpers as it had sat for a while. Check c/d system, milage, lites etc. Retracted top...everything worked. Then I twisted the key and it lit right up??? Oh well...for 1K it should run...right??Should make a fine car to put at our place in Fl.

Attachments

• 18229.jpg
    18229.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 616
Country flag
Jack, you have the DARNDEST luck.....find me a Fiat engine and transaxle for my dad's Formula Junior before you close up shop for good, ok?!! :laugh:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:lol:

Great beach cruiser for Florida, Jack!!!

Ya oughta be gettin' close to comin' down by now, yes?
Quit "buyin' work" an' get yer carcass over here!!! :wink:

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Be there in Oct. Have an A.F. reunion at Columbus Ms. in Oct. Then plan on cruising the Camaro(or whatever) to Fl. for a while...make a few visits along the way. I'll leave the car and fly back out of West Palm to Albuquerque.

Camshaft

Jedi Knight
Cheap Colgate toothpaste used as a polish will clear those headlight lenses right up. Well bought, sir.

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Time is short and the shop has been busy and have been ailing so am flying to Mississippi, leaving the Camaro here to finish and plan on driving it to Fl. to the new place in Nov. Engine change is a bear as I opted not to drop it out the bottom, instaed am dismantling and pulling it out of the top. Should pop out today and new engine is ready to drop. Wife really likes it..said maybe we should put the Mustang GT vert in Fl. instead...women.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Macht Nichts, bubba. PM me with details!

AkTx

Freshman Member
Anyone know how to get in touch with Jack? I have been trying for some time and need to reach him. Thanks