• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

13 blade plastic fan

G

Hi everyone. I own a 76 MG Midget which has the Spitfire 1500cc engine. I had a failure of the tolerance ring which holds the fan and fan clutch assembly to the water pump. The 13 blade plastic fan and fan clutch rubbed against the back side of the radiator. I need a 13 blade plastic fan. New ones are not available (that I know of). Does anyone have a nice used 13 blade plastic fan? Thanks.

OP
D

DougF

You can try calling Scott Harper at Team Triumph in Warren OH. He has parted out many Spitfires and would probably have what you need. He can be reached at (330)392-7176.

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
If they are the same as TR7, I have tons of them. You do the research and I'll send you one if it fits. I am parting out another 7 now, and usually throw away anything that can't be used on my TR8 race car.

Attachments

• 261992-cars007.jpg
    261992-cars007.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 75

Thor

Last year I had the clutch fan assembly fail on my 1500 midget. I ended up getting from England a clutchless assembly and new fan. Try looking at Euro Moss as they have a ton more specialized items for the 1500 then on the American side.

mailbox

Jedi Knight
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I am parting out another 7 now, and usually throw away anything that can't be used on my TR8 race car.

[/ QUOTE ]
Todd,
Do you have any spare tire wheelwells that aren't rotted out? I could use one if the price is right (cheap). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
Which one do you need? Front or rear? Left or right? If front, do you need the wheel well or the inner fender. If it's just the wheel well, the part that you can't see, then just make a patch. You can't remove and reinstall a new one without removing the fender as well. Usually when you cut up a parts car, you end up cutting right down the middle of the wheel well in order to remove the fender. Once the fender is off of the car, you then grind away whats left of the well. The only place I have ever seen a wheel well rot is at the fender lips and under the brake booster. Both places are simple to patch.

OP
G

TR8Todd - I will send you a PM (personal message). I would really appreciate one of your fans. They are the same. Thanks.

OP
G

tr8todd - I attached a picture of the fan I need. I found the picture on the Internet. I wish my fan looked this good.

Attachments

• 262380-13BladePlasticFan.jpg
    262380-13BladePlasticFan.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 61
OP
G

tr8todd - I received your PM and responded. Did you see the picture of the fan in my last post?

mailbox

Jedi Knight
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Which one do you need? Front or rear? Left or right? If front, do you need the wheel well or the inner fender. If it's just the wheel well, the part that you can't see, then just make a patch. You can't remove and reinstall a new one without removing the fender as well. Usually when you cut up a parts car, you end up cutting right down the middle of the wheel well in order to remove the fender. Once the fender is off of the car, you then grind away whats left of the well. The only place I have ever seen a wheel well rot is at the fender lips and under the brake booster. Both places are simple to patch.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am looking for a spare tire wheel well. The one in the trunk. Mine was so rotted out I had to cut it out. I thought I might just cover it over, but if I can find one cheap I will replace it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OP
G

tr8todd - I sent you a PM. Let me know if you have shipped a 13 blade fan. Thanks.