• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wedge Wedges

D

DougF

Interesting article in our local (Pittsburgh) paper the other day. It had to do with collectible cars on the rise.
At the end of a list dominated by Japan and the US was the TR8. Surprisingly, it was the only Brit included.
The writer only said to stay away from the coupes, for value purposes. The price range they gave was $5,300-$26,000+. Quite a spread. Oh, and he said to keep them stock. This was a little bit of a surprise after seeing a modified Tiger sell for around $113,000. But, the $250,000 the guy had into the car may have had something to do with it.

What paper was thge article in? Trib or the Press? I would have liked to had a chance to read it. Neither paper has much of an auto section and they rarely cover even the VGP.

Trib. I don't think it was in the auto section. I'll have to dig into the garbage to find it.
VGP...I think their lack of coverage of the entire weekend has helped it remain a great event. It did take a major nose dive when corporate sponsorships were accepted. It's irritating when these people sit under tents with their backs to the race, obstructing the view of actual fans of the sport. Next thing you know, they will demand that the cars are quieted and slowed down or stopped completely.