• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Vacation Trip in TR6

jerrybny

Jedi Knight
Well the wife and I went on vacation in the 6. We put over 1000 miles on it in a week. We went to Newport RI where I grew up. It was so much fun crusing by the beaches in the 6. Got lots of looks and thumbs up. The highlight of the trip was when we crusing down one of the main drags and a boy about 6 years old saw us. His eyes went wide opened and he said WOW. The look on his face made all the time spent under the car worth it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Should have emailed me to let me know you were coming. I would have bought you a cold one in Newport.

I always love driving the TR in Newport, because as you said, the tourists and kids just stare.

bobh

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I took the TR for a 100 mile run yesterday. Went through Athens, Sardis Springs, Ardmore and Taft Alabama. Then on to Cash Point, Skinem and Fayetteville Tenessee. No looks, no thumbs up. I think Triumphs are under appreciated in the rural south.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I saw a beautiful red Healy in Sakonett, RI on Friday. I gave him the wave from my golf cart before I could catch myself, but he returned it and just chuckled as he drove by.

New Englanders do seem to love all sorts of sports cars and readily acknowledge them.

RomanH

Jedi Knight
I was up at Road America this past weekend and was amazed by the number of people in town that would give me a wave or a thumbs up! I would have thought that with all of the high dollar iron about all of the time these people would be a bit jaded. I was wrong, besides I really enjoyed the fact that not one person said "nice MG mister". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

G

I have gotten good at glancing out of the corner of my eye when approaching a nice shiny Z4 or Miata or Boxster and get a kick out of their stares (well, not so much Boxsters, they are snobs for the most part). Amazingly, the most stares I get are from Harley riders. I would guess that 90% will take a long hard look. I wonder if they regret not going with an LBC where they don't have to put their left foot on the ground at a redlight?

You guys are right, the true enjoyment in our cars are just motoring through the countryside, drinks and sandwiches in the back, your best girl at your side and enjoying the ride. I only wish that my wife wouldn't get so jealous.

Bill

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Bill, I can see that your wife does not access the forum on a regular basis.

I've actually found a camaraderie with Harley riders. After being a former Harley owner myself, not once but twice, I have always appreciated a nice ride, especially a classic. Most Harley's are classics or are highly detailed by the owners, so we do have a lot in common. I always get a wave or thumbs up from them and return or initiate the wave myself. I've never been snubbed by a Harley or Victory owner, but have been by many a German driver, soooooo, NO WAVE FOR YOU!!! from now on.

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
...The highlight of the trip was when we crusing down one of the main drags and a boy about 6 years old saw us. His eyes went wide opened and he said WOW. The look on his face made all the time spent under the car worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you have is a car with what Road&Track called 'a high SBVF' (Schoolboy Viewing Factor).

One stop while traveling was at a picnic area where a 5th grade class was having a field trip. I was wiping handprints off the boot deck for a couple of days but who cares about that.

5th_graders.JPG

R6MGS

Yoda
Up here our cars get tons of attention....I enjoy waving to other cool cars, and to people who wave to me....But sometimes the attention can get irritating. I've been using the TR6 pretty much daily and sometimes I am just not in the mood to stop and talk with someone about their brothers friends car.