• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Using the Pub as a download for a pic

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Attachments

• 1000002136.jpg
    1000002136.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 31
OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
OK, that's my espresso machine main wiring harness. I thought it had just touched something hot like a boiler tube or something so I re did the molex connector and was back in business, or so I thought.
1000002139.jpg

This is the new molex after about a month. I think the connector was not making good connection as it is a 110v power wire.
They use a pretty skimpy 16ga wire for all that power.
My plan is to bypass the connector and run a wire direct to the switch from the filter. No need for a connector on that.
of course finding all this on my island is a joke so I have to bring stuff in which is a 3+ week wait
I stuck my Thermopen on that wire at startup while the boilers were heating and I was getting a 300 degree temp on that wire.
Resistance =heat

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
trying to figure out a good wire for that that is 14ga and can handle 120Vs
Iwas thinking of using the GLX wire I always used in the TRs but it is only rated to 50Vs

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
trying to figure out a good wire for that that is 14ga and can handle 120Vs
Iwas thinking of using the GLX wire I always used in the TRs but it is only rated to 50Vs
How many amps or watts do does it have to carry?

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
15 amps and over 1000 watts when the boilers are heating

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Amazon has some appliance wire that will handle 600v
It's gotta ba hi temp too

mezy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Its not the wire it is the type of connector, there is not enought surfase are on the connectors to make it good
thats why they get hot, you need a connector that will has 100% contact area that one may only be spade onnectors