• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Thought of the day-Innovative car repairs

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Utility trailers here don't need tags regardless of their size, camping trailers/boat trailers do, no matter how small. Farmers pull 45-foot round hay bale trailers and need no tags. If you use it for work no tags, if you use it for pleasure they nail ya! :rolleyes2:
I consider that fair and equitable. đź‘Ť

Here we have "FARM USE" registered vehicles that have many restrictions
on their use.You see a lot of them,including shiny 4WD trucks that look like
they've never been off -roaded.
I recently read where they're clamping down on vehicles registered that way.
Here it's "Antique" tag abuse I see more than it should be. Thirty years is the qualification time and I've seen 1990 era clapped out Chevy, Ford and Datsun vehicles rolling around with the tags, not fit to be on the highways. I could qualify the Alfa and Diesela for such, but I consider it immoral!

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Kid in the town where I worked inherited his grandad's 67 Camero Conv. with antique plates. Was driving it to school eveyday. Chief of Police lived on the street he came down twice a day. Now Chief had a collection of nice cars. Chief saw him come down he street and asked me how often does he go by. Twice a day to and from school. Next day Chief parked at curb and waited and as he come by, pulled him over. Last words I heard was, "If I can't drive my cars that way, you are not either!" Kid walked next day.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
We also have "Antique" plates here.I have both MG's registered
that way.You are not supposed to use them as daily drivers,& don't
need to have annual inspections.There were people registering their
"Daily Drivers" that way,until they cracked down on that.
The ones I really hate are people who register their vehicles
out of state,especially Montana,to evade taxes.I wish they'd really
crack down on those Montana registered vehicles,as many of them
are expensive & exotic cars,whose owners can well afford to register
them in the state in which they reside,which is just plain dishonest.

OP
M

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Idiot. Doesn't he know that pop or beer cans work better?
1658950013714.png

Basil

Administrator
Boss
One day wife and I were driving the Spitfire up to Sandia Crest, a nice 9-mile winding mountain road, when suddenly the car lost 60% of it's power! I hobbled into a Mini Mart parking lot, lifted the bonnet and quickly found the issue. A bolt/plug on the intake manifold had gone missing, causing the intake, aft of the Carb, to suck in too much air. Not having a proper sized bolt handy, I made a temporary repair with a quarter and some Duct Tape. It worked sufficiently to get us home.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Good thing you carried duct tape.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
That will rattle the teeth

LarryK

Yoda