• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sighted in Isle of Palms and Sullivan's Island

V

vagt6

While on vacation at Isle of Palms, SC last week, always on the lookout for nice LBCs, I saw only three all week long.

First was a very nice MGTD, British green, bar badge, driving lamps, RAC badge on the grille. It was waiting outside the owner's house on Sullivan's Island every day and I saw him driving from Charleston on day, too. VEry nice example and the driver, 50-ish aged, had a big, huge smile.

Next, saw a near-perfect French blue TR-6 in a parking lot on Isle of Palms near the marina. Was parked there a couple of days.

Finally, saw a very nice rubber bumper MGB, parked in the public parking area near the beach on Isle of Palms.

Sadly, that's all I saw there. There's a very active British car club scene in and around Charleston, most marques represented. They weren't out and about last week, tho'.

FWIW. Beautiful area, Charleston, just beautiful. :yesnod:

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
We are still trying to get transferred to Charleston and the area I want to move to is just across Hamlin Sound from Isle of Palm

big6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Since you are from Seattle and trying to move to Charleston, SC then you must be in the aircraft manufacturing industry… A+B=C?

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Go to the head of the class

Though, I must admit. Tiz my better half that you speak

Do I want to live a good area?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"Closer to thee...."

Don, if ya manage that move, we wanna know.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
You all, (insert drawl here) will be the first to know

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

I lived in Hanahan, and in the early 70's it was a nice place.
Downtown will cost you a BUNDLE......

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Actually less than Seattle Dave.
Been doing research for about 8 months

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

Boy, I just watched a Home TV Network deal last week on Charleytwon, and they were discussing the extreme costs of actual downtown living.
Small lots, no garages to speak of, tall skinny houses (and I remember those from the 70's).

big6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I relocated to SC from Cincinnati about 15 years ago and never looked back. The cost of living in the Spartanburg area was more favorable than Cincinnati until the BMW plant was completed. Now the cost of living is very comparable to Cincinnati but the traffic and weather is much better than Ohio…

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Don,

Do you need someone to drive the TR7 back there?

- Doug

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Actually The company the wife works for will pay to ship 3 cars,since my daughter is a driver. So I would ship the Wedge back and trailer the TR6 with the Astro van

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

Charleston is a better place since they closed the pulp mill.

When we surfaced, everyone knew 30 miles out where we were.
You could smell it.

The Spanish Moss is something you get used to.
Cobblestones downtown are interesting.

Dorchester Road has cleaned up a bit.

The humidity will kill Don off, methinks.
You don't have AC in that TR8, do you?

GAWD it was bad in summer.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Dave Spent 16 years in DC. the 8 had A/c and it is it the storage loft if I need it.

Pulp mills??
Have you forgotten thew Aroma of Tacoma Or the Everett Stink?

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

Similar, but it sure seemed the humidity in Charleytown made the arome "thicker".

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
No bout a dowt it. It will be a change from here.

I think this spring has really done a # to me. After 30 years I'm about to say uncle.

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Don,

I moved to the "Pickens County" area (NW) of SC last Aug. from NE PA. I reside right at the "Foothills" of the "Blue Ridge Mtns". I`m quite familiar with Charleston & Its a pretty neat place to live if (In my opinion); You live about 20-30mi. outside of the city.

If you like driving back country roads, scenic mountain views, real friendly folks and want to save some $$$; You may want to consider "The Up-State" of SC.

I`m approx. 45min. drive NW of "Greenville" & don`t care if I ever get to see a "BIG" mall again!

"Y`ALL" come down; Ya Hear.

Enjoy, Russ

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My wife would be working in N. Charleston and is looking for a shorter commute.