• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Oh the huge Manatee

Basil

Administrator
Boss
2640789668_48a2a84ddf.jpg

Why would anyone do ~~ THIS ~~ to a wonderful car like the XK140?

jessebogan

Jedi Knight
I saw that car listed on Ebay this past week. EEEWWWWW I mean, as a custom it is sort of "of its time" and all that, but why oh why do that to a 140?? Could you imagine the look on the concours committee as you pulled up??

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Kinda LOOKS like a manatee...

D

Deleted member 8987

Interesting use of the grille badge on the oil fill cap.

That aluminium cover over the carburettors, to pressurize for the Paxton Supercharger?

If it has stock carbs, how does one easily check daspot oil?

Nice rustout in the boot lid.

Where did they hide the extra two cylinders?

Country flag
The saving grace - imho - is that this car was built back in the 60's.

The description mentions that the car was "campaigned in 6 road races before being sold". Why would the owner have stopped after 6 races? And the next owner wanted a show car/drag car? My gut says the road racer was crashed and then bought to be built into the show/drag car.

My guess is the car was destined for the scrap yard if it hadn't been purchased. Back then it would have been "just" a wrecked Jaguar.

Now, again imho, if someone was to do that today to an XK140....well that's what frontal lobotomies are for! :crazyeyes:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Always good to test my gag reflex now and again, i guess.

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I cept looking, thought that I saw Danny and Sandy of "Grease" fame lurking about!
Hard to believe that the car actually has bidders?
Cheers,
D.