• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member - 1970 MGB Roadster

ab-1970mgb

Freshman Member
Country flag
Good morning to all that are reading this.
First let me introduce myself, My name is Angel, live in North Dallas, Texas.
My 17yr old son and I just bought our first 1970 MGB Roadster ....well our first MGB to be exact.

The car needs plenty of work, but it runs!
This is a project car for us and we have accepted the challenges that it's going to bring when looking for parts to try put this car back to a drivable condition.
We're open to any and all information we can get from some of the member here with more experience.

This is going to be a great experience for both my son and I.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Welcome, Angel! '70 was a great year for the B; always liked the split bumper on them.

If you don't already have one, pick up a Haynes or "Official" MGB shop manual, get a Moss catalog, and you'll be good to go! Also, you can download a much easier-to-read wiring diagram for your specific year model here: http://www.advanceautowire.com/mgb.pdf - it'll be invaluable!

And post pictures!

Mickey

Celtic 77

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Welcome to the group. What a way to bond with your son. We need some "before" pictures too. Set achievable goals and most of all have fun.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Happy to have you aboard! You'll get lots of help in our MG forum! Plenty of members really to assist with your questions.