• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Austin Healey 3000 owner from Canada

dwneumann

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello BCF community.
Dean here from British Columbia Canada. Early sixties and semi-retired from a career in software and computer engineering.
I just took possesion of this fairly nicely restored Austin-Healey 3000 Mk3 fitted with triple Weber carbs. It came with a stack of invoices showing that over $30K in parts alone went into the restoration. Still, there are a few things to be taken care of. Like, while getting it home the oil pressure was lower than expected, so I wanted to open the hood to check the level and found that the bonnet latch release doesn't work. I can't get the bonnet open :(
All part of owning a fifty year old car I suppose. Looking to tap into the collective wisdom of the community to help me past these hiccups.
Regards,
Dean

Attachments

• MyBJ8-1s.jpg
    MyBJ8-1s.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 9
  • MyBJ8-2s.jpg
    MyBJ8-2s.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 9
  • MyBJ8-4s.jpg
    MyBJ8-4s.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 9

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Hi Dean, welcome to BCF! You will find our Austin Healey forum here has many fellow Healey owners and experts so you'll have a lot of help available when needed.