• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Midwest tornadoes

ckeithjordan

Jedi Trainee
Silver
Country flag
All clear here in the KC area. Just a lot of rain.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Good in OKC, at least the NW side. Looked last night that the SE might get something. Not sure about Walt though. It looked like some of it might have been pretty close.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I was on the western side of last night's storm system, so all the bad stuff passed a bit to the east of me.

I'm not sure how Paul fared. It looked like the Tulsa area was going to get a bit of it.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Were fine Walt, thanks for asking! I haven't seen it rain like it did in a long time. Lots of branches down to pick up and lost power 3 times. I haven't heard about how some folks in the low lands made out with flooding, but I know there was some tornado damage in the area. I hope the damage is minimal!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I think Sulphur Oklahoma got hit the hardest, the destruction there is horrendous! Sad, very sad when folks loose everything they have worked so hard for. Hard to imagine starting over!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
We were in Chattanooga about 10+ years ago,after numerous tornados passed through.
It was very sobering to see the destruction of them.It was also sad to see that some people
had lost almost everything.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Around the Sulphur area four died and approximately thirty more are injured. Here are some photos from news reports.

1000038797.jpg
1000038794.jpg

Last edited:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Around the Sulphur area four died and approximately thirty more are injured. Here are some photos from news reports.

View attachment 97409View attachment 97410
Walter, did you guys make it through the storms last night, (5/6) without any damage? Hope all's well with you and yours! Such a wide spread storm, amazing the damage over such a wide spread area! We were lucky, most went around us. PJ

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Paul, they all went north of me. How did you fare? I saw that north west of you got hit pretty badly.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Most the storms split around us and all we got was some wind and lots of rain. Needless to say we were on edge the whole time. Everything left our area around 2 PM. Lost power three times, thanks for the auto gen system we didn't notice it too much. Glad you guys were safe!

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
One of the early big ones went about 5 miles north of us gut it didn't produce any tornados until later.