• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Had my car in a Show [Some Great Pictures]

scoutll

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Had the Midget at a car show this last weekend. She was the only LBC, and one of only three european cars there.
I got pictures of some great cars though. Including mine :thumbsup:.

Attachments

• 15729.jpg
    15729.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 274
I'll post a few more
This is a genuine 1962 Z11 lightweight.
This car won best in show and best original engine (competition).

Attachments

• 15730.jpg
    15730.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 274
Miss Chuff in the land of the giants....

Attachments

• 15731.jpg
    15731.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 272
Can't post any more on this thread. There were about 450 cars there. Most were well maintained originals or restorations, but there were several "trailer queens" there too. Some of them were so perfect that they wouldn't even drive them off the trailers, they were pushed to make sure the exhaust system wasn't discolored or something wasn't smeared.

scoutll said:
Can't post any more on this thread. There were about 450 cars there. Most were well maintained originals or restorations, but there were several "trailer queens" there too. Some of them were so perfect that they wouldn't even drive them off the trailers, they were pushed to make sure the exhaust system wasn't discolored or something wasn't smeared.

Post some in the Spridgets gallery sub-forum! Also, post some in the Members Cars gallery.

If I walked into a show like that, even before I bought another spridget, I'd make a beeline to your car! I like the other stuff, but I love the little roadsters!

That sure is a lovely Midget, Brian.

Can you tell us a little about the car? Is it original, mods, etc.?

I wish there were more winter car shows near me, I miss the heck out of the summer/fall car show circuit.

Thanks for posting! :thumbsup:

Is that the sports arena complex in Minot?
Good looking car. Your a brave soul weathring the cold to get to a show.

It was in the All Seasons Arena on the ND State Fairgrounds. I drove it the 30 miles there and back. It was -25F on Friday when I took it down, but had warmed up to 14 above coming home on Sunday.
One really neat thing was meeting the man who owned the car from 1969 until the late 90's, so I got a lot of history.
The paint is original from the A pillar back, but the front end was repainted in 1968. Apparently, the car was bought new by a couple to use as one of the first tow behind cars on a motorhome. Consequently, it had a lot of little chips in the paint on the front end and on the windshield.
The tranny went out of it in 1968, so they sold it with about 30,000 miles on it.
The second owner had the windshield replaced (chips) and the chips on the front end removed and repainted, but never got around to repairing the transmission so he never drove it.
He then sold it to the man I met, who repaired the transmission and drove it until 1973 when the tranny went out again. It had 32000 on it by then.
When the transmission failed, he becam disgusted and parked it in a building. It sat there from 1973 until 1998 when he sold it to a 4th person who rebuilt the engine and transmission for his wife to drive. Apparently, just after finishing it, the marriage (not the transmission) failed and the car was sold again with about 33000 miles on it. That owner had to have his left leg amputated shortly after getting the car and couldn't drive it anymore. After holding on to the car for a couple years, he decided that was silly and decided to sell it. enter me :driving:. The car has somewhere between 34 and 35000 miles on it. Don't know for sure because the speedometer didn't work when it came out of the storage, and was only fixed after I got it. The previous two owners don't think they put more than a couple hundred miles on it in the time they owned it though..
Unfortunately, the original steel wheels and steering wheel have been lost somewhere over the years.
The seats were recovered in the early 70's and the carpet is faded and is going to get replaced. The rest of the interior is original..
Sorry about the long winded answer. :crazy:

More from the show...This was taken on Friday while cars were coming in,.

Attachments

• 15760.jpg
    15760.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 133
Bryan, all the pictures of the cars look very nice, but I got to say your car has my vote. Very nice! I know sometimes when these things get to this state and become "show queens" we can loose touch with them and don't drive them as much. I hope you still enjoy it on the road as much as the rest of us. I would love to see that one going down the road on a warm summers day. Again, very nice!!!

Miss Chuff will never be a show queen, in fact this was her first so far. It was fun, but the car is first and formost a driver. We enjoy that way too much.
I'm going to drive her til she needs restoring. Restore her, and drive her til she needs it again.
I sort of chuckled at the guys who wouldn't even start their cars for fear of discoloring something. All the guys who drove their cars looked like they had a lot more fun.. We had to jump and push a few 49 Fords and 41 Chevys to get them going again on Sunday, but at least they drove out on their own.
Some have apparently not been started since finished. They spend all their time indoors or in a covered trailer. They wear gloves to push some of these things for gosh sake!!! I kinda think it's a shame.

if you don't drive them they don't break, if they don't break how can you touch and caress, I mean fix them

How can you form a meaningful relationship with your car by just dusting them at car shows

Kinda like kssing your sister.