• Notice: If you're posting to get rid of the little man (Lucas), please post A NEW TOPIC with something meaningful. Tell us about yourself and your interest in British cars. You need not share anything too personal. NOTE: this New Member's Forum is only to introduce yourself. If you have specific questions about your little British car, please post those in the appropriate marque-related forum.
    Thanks and welcome to BCF!
    Basil
  • Hi Guest!
    I don't require that you become a subscribing member - you can enjoy most of what BCF has to offer for free. However, it does cost us to operate this resource and a lot of time and effort goes into running BCF smoothly.
    If you enjoy and benefit from this site, please consider supporting our efforts with a subscription. There are some perks with an upgrade!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this banner)
Tips
Tips

Good morning all!

my59

Freshman Member
Hi there!
Having had a '71 Midget decades ago, my son was inspired to buy a '75 that after a month tossed the thrust bearing into the oil pan. Given it was a now non running project I acquired a dissassembled '76 that had been in a garage for 15 yrs. The intent was to get 1 decent car out of the pile.
Boy lost interest, I got tired of not having the barn space, and the piles were sold off for a pittance.
Fast forward to 2022, my younger son sees an add for a '74 Midget "with a 1500 engine" for sale 2 miles away. Being sold to settle an estate. The seller didn't understand why no interest, I did not clear it up for him, and a deal was made. Had the stuck needle on the rear carb fixed in 30 minutes, and the 1275 has been running really well ever since!!

welcome indeed from another Midget owner. come on over to the Spridget forum if you want to chat specifics

Back